MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Portable Devices arrow Topic: DELL Inspirion 8500 Won't respond!!!!HELP!!
December 11, 2019, 05:20:26 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 05:20:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DELL Inspirion 8500 Won't respond!!!!HELP!!  (Read 1320 times)
upinSmOkE

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2005, 11:09:40 AM »

DELL Inspirion 8500 labtop
Operating System Version:Windows XP

Error Messages:something about the System/drivers not working or installed ??

I powered up my computer yesterday and it booted up all the way through to windows to the screen the shows the various accounts you can log in to. I left for about 20 mins. came back it was powered off (I didn't do that) and we couldn't get it to respond to anything. Wouldn't power up it would act like it was going to the light with the lock & A inside it and the battery light would blink then it would shut down. We left it along for a couple of hours then we got it to boot far enough that a problem with the systems drivers or something like that was wrong. It then shut down and we havn't been able to get it powered up again. I've tried putting the disc for the drivers and stuff that it already had installed on it and it won't work it don't even sound like its noticing the disc. We can even get it to boot !!
HOW DO WE FIX THIS.!!??  We have no idea how to perform a soft reboot? OR WE don't know a damm thing about this and we are screwed because this is the computer we use of work!
PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR TROUBLESHOOTING ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!
PLEASE HELP!!!

ClUcK
Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 08:28:03 PM »

Hello and Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca

In order for me to help you I need the exact error message when you boot.
Can you boot into Safe Mode? (By repeatedly tapping the F8 key until the menu appears).

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Jump to: