MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Windows will not Boot Up
November 14, 2019, 11:36:25 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 14, 2019, 11:36:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Windows will not Boot Up  (Read 751 times)
StarlightGirl925

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2005, 09:54:07 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:WinXP
Problem Application Name & Version:WinXP SP1
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Hello. I left my computer on last night as I slept, and when I woke up this morning I plugged my DVD burner into the USB port (USB 2.0) and it told me that the device was not recognized for some reason (I have it plugged in almost all the time, I just happened to hook it to my laptop last night.) So... I turned the computer off but when I tried to turn it back on nothing happened. I had to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to come back on. Now, however, when I turn it on it comes up with the initial screen where it says press DEL to enter setup and gives a reading of the system resources. When I try to press DEL to enter setup or ANY other button nothing at all happens. It is like it does not recognize the keyboard anymore. It will not go past that screen. It only beeps one time when I turn it on which is a good sign I know, but it is only reading that I have 256 MB RAM when I actually have 1GB. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on. I am running AMD Athalon 64 3200+, Win XP SP1, 1GB RAM, Chaintech Motherboard Socket 939. I would really appreciate any help you can give. I am afraid that something is seriously wrong. I just built this computer a little over 2 months ago so I do not have a computer manufacturer to call and complain to. By the way I have already reset the Motherboard back to default settings and that did not do anything. Some people have suggested that it could be a bad hard drive but it powers up normally and the only problem is that it is SATA and I do not have another PC to plug it into to see if it boots up normally. If you would prefer to email me my address is jennifer_walton14@eku.edu

NoelMVP

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 06:04:46 AM »

Sounds like one of your RAM sticks may have gotten dislodged, or broken down - if the machine is still under warranty, get it checked out, otherwise open the case and try reseating the RAM sticks yourself.

Noel Paton
(MS - MVP, Windows, 2002-2006)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: