MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: Need to save IE favorites. PLEASE help fast!
November 18, 2019, 12:19:25 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2019, 12:19:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need to save IE favorites. PLEASE help fast!  (Read 1811 times)
mpetrodoc

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2005, 05:43:31 PM »

I am moving within the next few days, but will not be taking this computer (with its IE browser) with me. However, I have ALL my favorites listed and organized on this browser.
How can I take these or transfer them to the computer I am going to be using when I move?

Sherlock19

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 09:27:09 PM »

ok here is the deal send me a copied list of all your favorites to my email address at Sherlock19@cox.net and i will send them to you viz email when  you get a new pc what do you think?

mpetrodoc

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 03:53:12 PM »

Thanks Sherlock. But I would prefer not to email my favorites to anyone I dont know. I would just like a way to be able to maybe copy them to a file that I can burn to CD or something.

Sherlock19

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 08:44:44 PM »

if you just save them to a word document they will show up as hyperlinks and if you copy them on to a cd it will work fine i think

Sherlock19

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 09:02:25 PM »

this means you would have to click on each one copy the link to word and then insert it as a hyperlink.....if you have a lot this could be very  time consuming but thats the only way i know of

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 06:29:20 PM »

Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/View. Select Show hidden files and folders. Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Favorites. Right click/unhide.
Copy them to a disc or a thumb drive then paste them in the same location in the other machine.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 06:30:07 PM by Geekgirl » Logged

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 10:44:34 PM »

Thanks. Thats perfect!

photojazz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 02:46:02 AM »

YOu could also open IE go to file>import/export> choose export favorites then send it to your email
Then when u get your new computer go to email save that favorites file to documents, then go to IE file>import/export>import favorites choose where u saved that file then voila!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: