MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: CD Creator V4.02E
December 09, 2019, 07:01:34 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2019, 07:01:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Creator V4.02E  (Read 2439 times)
Kitty

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2003, 04:34:18 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: XP
Problem Application Name & Version:Easy CD Creator V4.02E
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:When launch software, message appear "Engine failed initialized.  Can not load: CDR-4???

Please help, I need to use the CD-Creator to create CD

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 05:26:52 PM »

Hi,

Did this version of CD-Creator work before on XP?
Did you recently install new software/hardware?
Did you recently change your video drivers?

If it worked before, uninstall the software and re-install

If this is a new installation, I suspect this version is not WinXP compliant and you should look at upgrading CD-Creator to the latest version.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
PengWin

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 05:29:07 PM »

Also, are you trying to use it to burn an Audio CD or a DATA cd?  Another thing, ditch Easy CD Creator, go grab Nero Burning Rom, you can usually download an 30-60 day evaluation copy of it from there website. http://nero.com/en/index.html

Kitty

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 05:30:08 PM »

it's not compariable with XP according to the manufacturer, but it does work on XP cause my other coworker had it.  And I did uninstall and re-install but still failed.

PengWin

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 05:32:11 PM »

If you wish to use it to burn an audio cd in Windows XP you can use Windows Media Player to do it.  If you wish to burn a Data cd, you can just click and drag the files to the appropriate drive and follow the steps.  Should work, but then again, its windows so who knows right?

PengWin

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2003, 05:35:53 PM »

From Roxios Website:

Engine Initialization Error  

Virus causing Engine Initialization Error with Easy CD Creator  

Recently, we have been seeing a considerable amount of Engine Initialization Errors across all Operating Systems. We have confirmed that a Worm Virus (W32.Klez.H@mm) can cause this.

Note: Errors may also say Create50.exe, cannot create creator (or create instance.)

In most cases, the virus will cause Engine Failures to Easy CD Creator installations that had previously worked fine. However, fresh installations are also affected.

This virus has been reported to the major Anti Virus software vendors, please check with your vendor for updates and/or utility tools for virus removal.

Kitty

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2003, 06:48:04 PM »

Thanks the site work! but is that mean I only got 30 days to use it? I don't my company would want to paid for something that they had already (CD Creator)Sad

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2003, 07:08:28 PM »

Hi,

Run an up-to-date antivirus software to see if your system is infected like PengWin suggested.

If your company wants you to use CD-Creator on an WinXP system they will have to buy you the upgrade. Perhaps your co-worker had it working because he did an WinXP upgrade, it is hard to say but version 4 is extremely old and will not work properly on WinXP.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Kitty

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2003, 07:11:11 PM »

Thanks for all the advise and support:) I will try them all, thanks again Cool

Seth

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2003, 07:24:54 PM »

Hi, new to this forum and happy to be here.

I am usually on Roxio's Easy cd creator forum answering questions.

XP and Easy cd creator 4 are NOT compatable. In fact, if you have tried to install v4 on XP then you will have to go to great lengths to remove it.

You need at least v5.1 to work with XP. Even then, I don't recommend it. Roxios forum is FULL of VERY irate people that can't get easy cd creator to work with XP. My suggestion is to use Nero.

If you need to remove V4, go to Roxios forum and at the bottom of any message page, type in "remove v4" in the archive search engine.

Good Luck
Seth

Kitty

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2003, 07:31:47 PM »

Thanks, Seth, I am 100% agree with you. I did download Nero and it work well.  Even CD v5 is not user friendly, I try it and it give me other problem as well - beside it's slow.Shocked

quote:
Originally posted by Seth

Hi, new to this forum and happy to be here.

I am usually on Roxio's Easy cd creator forum answering questions.

XP and Easy cd creator 4 are NOT compatable. In fact, if you have tried to install v4 on XP then you will have to go to great lengths to remove it.

You need at least v5.1 to work with XP. Even then, I don't recommend it. Roxios forum is FULL of VERY irate people that can't get easy cd creator to work with XP. My suggestion is to use Nero.

If you need to remove V4, go to Roxios forum and at the bottom of any message page, type in "remove v4" in the archive search engine.

Good Luck
Seth

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2003, 09:01:01 PM »

Hey Kitty, check your e-mail for a NERO surprise from...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: