MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: dvd shrink and winAVI
November 15, 2019, 05:45:30 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 15, 2019, 05:45:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: dvd shrink and winAVI  (Read 1205 times)
master_8ball

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2005, 10:59:16 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: xp
Problem Application Name & Version:DVD Shrink 3.2 and WinAVI 7.1
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Please Help!!!
I have coverted many avi files into dvds in the past but recently I have been having trouble. I use WinAVI to convert avi file into dvd format. Now I know I can convert it so it fits on disc but I find you lose a lot of quality when I do so, so I covert it in the highest quality setting. This puts (most of the time) the dvd files up around 6-8 gig. I then use dvd shrink to shrink/deep analysis/encode and then it automatically burns it w/ nero. But the last few I have done the final dvd when I play it is very choppy as if the frames aren't running together smoothly. I checked the output file after it was converted with winAVI and it seems fine, same when I check the saved deep analysis file from dvd shrink. I read on a forum that nero will sometimes cause this so I used my default burning program (sonic record now) and I still had the same thing. The audio is great on the final dvd and the pictures plays and looks good, but it is very choppy. Any help with this would be great.
Thanks....

master_8ball

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 01:18:51 AM »

No one?? Since, I have tried lowered writes speeds 2x. Gonna try to reinstall the burner. Any suggestions would be great.

master_8ball

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 07:03:44 PM »

Well I re-installed the dvd burner and nothing different. I've made 8 coasters now. I have looked at the temp saved dvd on my harddrive from after dvd shrink has finished its encodeing/analysis/shrinking and it looks fine, so I am thinking this may be a burn problem. I have had everything from messenger to nortons turned off on my last burn, screen saver off, and same choppy results. I have looked in other forums for a solution but all I have found is people having this problem w/ their video but after like the first hour, my movies start choppy. I'm gonna try a new media, I use Fujifilm dvd-r. they have always worked great, but I am at the bottom of a 100 spool, could this have an effect?

master_8ball

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 09:52:15 PM »

Still no one eh? Well I havent changed media yet, but I did back-up The Devils Rejects w/ dvd shrink and burned with nero automatically and what do ya know it works perfect... So I tried to back another dvd up and it works too. So the problem must be with the encoding stage of shrink. I have been getting a ton of different error codes-- Program exception-- Cant create file as it is already there--- and sometimes when it finished analysis dvd shrink just disappears. I have re installed both dvd shrink and my winAVI and no change. I have 512mb of DDR RAM so I don't think its a memory problem. PLEASE anyone with some ideas please post a reply, I'm starting to hate my computer.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: