MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: exception 0e 0028:c001c3d4 vxd ndis (01)
November 19, 2019, 08:39:44 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2019, 08:39:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: exception 0e 0028:c001c3d4 vxd ndis (01)  (Read 2530 times)
babybratgirl

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2005, 10:24:33 PM »

Huh? Everytime I play one game in Pogo I get the blue screen of death with the following error message  exception 0e 0028:c2a64fb7 vxd nc100a (01) + 00001897     0028:c001c3d4 vxd ndis (01) + 00004860  saying to push a key to continue or control alt del to restart.  I never can continue--always have to restart.  What does this error mean and how do I correct it??  Thanks in advance for any help anybody can give me.   Cry

Wendy Jo Carter
Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 10:30:55 PM »

What is Pogo?
What is your Windows version?

Have you checked through here or through here?

Jord.
babybratgirl

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 10:36:21 PM »

wow--that was a quick reply!  Pogo.com is a game site--I play it all of the time and never have any problems except when I try to play pool---that is the only game that I have problems on.  I am running windows 98s.  Thanks

Wendy Jo Carter
Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 10:41:26 PM »

Uhm, without me having to go there, is it ActiveX, or Java, or do you need to load something else for it?

Usually the General Exception 0E is a memory error, if my own memory isn't lacking. Sorry, it's been quite a while since I last used Windows98(SE). My memory isn't lacking: Fatal 0E errors. (<- these blue things are internet links Wink)

What does your computer look like?
And no, I wasn't asking if it's beige or purple with cat stripes painted on. Wink
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 10:45:48 PM by Ageless » Logged

Jord.
NoelMVP

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 10:50:13 PM »

POGO is Java-based - and certain games are very specific in the version of Java that they use.

It is possible to have almost any number of versions of Java installed - but I do NOT recommend it - and would suggest that if a game doesn't 'play nicely' with the latest version of Java, then you shouldn't be playing it anyhow!

ALL earlier versions of Java have severe, and exploited, securrity holes - and one of the reasons for POGO's sites to host specific versions *may* be to ensure that there are exploitable PC's still around.

In short, ensure you are running the latest possible version of Java (www.java.com) and UNINSTALL ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS!!! (this software is the only one I know where a new versions is installed side-by-side with previous versions as an 'upgrade'!!, rather than replacing the earlier version!!)

Noel Paton
(MS - MVP, Windows, 2002-2006)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.com
babybratgirl

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 02:34:30 AM »

I have tried all of the links with no luck.  I uninstalled all Java on computer and reinstalled.  Still dumbfounded and not sure what the problem could be and how to correct it. Sad

Wendy Jo Carter
Heather

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 06:27:32 AM »

Hi Wendy......

I tried to answer you earlier but it didn't appear.  I have played Pogo for 4 years on both WinME and
XP.

I had upgraded 24 hours ago to the latest Sun Java (1.5), but just removed it and went back to 1.4.2_09.  I just plain don't like the latest Java on that website....

Make sure Pogo is in your Trusted Zones in IE....and it could be your firewall.  What are you using?  It could also be overloaded Temp and Temporary Internet Folders.....make sure you empty those.  They are a prime problem on Pogo (I hate alliteration, grin)

I hope this gets on the forum....but there are many things you can try.  Pogo Help is not terrific, but have you looked there??

Heather (aka the Pogo Queen)
babybratgirl

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 03:40:31 AM »

Angry Sad Oh this is driving me crazy!  Still can't play the game!  I have tried all of the suggestions so far but still not working!  Does any else have any clues as to what the error message might be and how to fix it?  Thanks Cry

Wendy Jo Carter
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: