MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Help Panda Kiled my windows!
November 19, 2019, 09:31:49 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2019, 09:31:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help Panda Kiled my windows!  (Read 1312 times)
ezfli

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

I decided to try out the trial version of Panda anti virus. Well I down loaded it fine. It installed. It scanned then it said it need to restart my system. OK that all seemed pretty normal to me. So I allowed it. That was all last nigh! Now I still only get the Welcome screen with a stupid little Panda head in the lower corner. It still says Windows XP. When it Boots up any way! then it goes to nothing except the pcture I hae for my desk top! No icons no Start nothing! It is like there are no windows there. I have tried in desperation to boot from the windows XP boot disks I d/l awhile back and repait it. They loaded fine. They scaned the drie and said all was fine. All I want at this point it to get rid of Panda and get it back the way it was! any ideas? Please excuse any errors I am on the other computer and the print is too tiny for me to read well.

want Tags,Games,.Links,Audio jokes an stories?

: and anything else I can think of.

: visit my Web pages http//www.eztagsntales.com

ezfli

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 01:56:28 AM »

Additional Note to my Last Post.
Since posting this I gave up and tried reinstalling windows. That was a joke!

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 04:51:22 PM »

Go to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and download a Windows 98 bootdisk.

Read the information that they have very carefully and print it out, if possible. Then boot up your machine with the floppy disk you've created and when that's done, run a small program that's called FDISK

When you've started that program, use it to delete all partitions available. There is information within the program to help out. If you have trouble figuring it out, then at the DOS prompt type C:>help fdisk and then hit your return key.

Make a point of noting down everything that the prompt offers you. If it's too long to fit on the screen, then type the same command again, but add the switch /p at the end. That will pause the scrolling while you read and note down the things you need.

When you've killed all partitions, let FDISK create a new active partition.
Then exit FDISK and type in format c: and wait for it to finish.
When that's finished, try installing XP again.

ezfli

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 10:56:26 PM »

format not supported C:\ it says Also I  tried formating once before and reinstalling  this morning and it said NTLDR is missing.  Also got message Windows unable to set up ,SIF corrupt or missing Value 0 on the line in section (Source Disk Files) with the key "SP1.cab."

ezfli

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 11:14:59 PM »

I also have a additional question. Would it help solve any of these problems or make them worse. If I installed Windows 98SE. Or tried to. I have 2 hard drives. I have taken out my regular slave so it does not get messed up and replaced it with a old drive that I have deleted the partitions on also and  will reformat etc.  Then after I install 98 SE IF it lets me use my XP disk to set up from within the 98?

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 12:32:20 AM »

You totally misunderstood my initial post I'm afraid.

What you need to do is use FDISK first and go through the options and remove all possible partitions with that particular program. Once that's done, then you format C:

You can't enter the C: drive because Windows 98 can't under any circumstances read the NTFS file system.

Like I said:

* Search FDISK for the option to delete the partitions on the drive and then proceed to do so.
* Create a new ACTIVE partition with FDISK and make it a Primary partition. Also ensure that you let it create the partition in accordance with the drive size. Which means, tell it to set it up for a drive that's bigger than 512MB
* Exit FDISK
* Type FORMAT C: and then hit your Return key
* Wait for the format to finish
* Install Windows XP again and choose whatever file system you trust the best. Remember that you'll have to go through all of this again if your XP gets corrupted all over again.

Good luck Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: