MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Programming Problems arrow Topic: Downloading QuickTime
March 22, 2019, 08:57:18 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 22, 2019, 08:57:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Downloading QuickTime  (Read 3258 times)
Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2006, 06:53:37 PM »

I am using Windows ME.   I was trying to view a picture on the internet.  It said you could take a virtual tour of a room in 360 degrees,  but said that I must have QuickTime installed.  When I checked out the QuickTime site, it will not work with Windows ME... only with Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

I also read that QuickTime could present problems by installing it.  But my question is...why is Windows ME so restricted?  There seems to be a lot of stuff that I can't download.  I guess it's time that I consider buying a more modern computer.   I seem to be missing out on a lot!

And yet I was on another site and was able to view their pictures in 360 degree category!   Huh?

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 12:16:20 AM »

Windows ME was always the worst sibling from the Windows family of OSes. Basically what's happening now is that most software houses have completely stopped supporting the pre-Win2k versions and will only cater to those with modern equipment.

If you can get your hands on Windows 2000, then you should be able to work with anything you want without too much loss of performance. Good luck with how you wish to proceed.

jvic
Visiting Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 05:09:45 PM »

you can get an older version of quicktime that will work with Windows ME at oldversion.com

John Vickers
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: