MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: hpothb07 file found is iit a virus? Inter connection has gone and MBR is corrup
October 20, 2019, 10:05:33 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2019, 10:05:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hpothb07 file found is iit a virus? Inter connection has gone and MBR is corrup  (Read 3182 times)
chelle

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2006, 06:43:22 PM »

Hiya

I found some files in almost every folder on my PC I deleted some of them and on re-boot it came up with a msg

The partition table MBR is corrupt. I am not sure what to do.

I found the file hpothb07 this is a tif file and DAT file in every folder, they are hidden
I don't know if its a virus but avg, spybot and adware didnt pick anything up, this happened after i deleted a few hpoth07 files moved some stuff about and then used clean up, which deleted everything. I have a hJT log but cant access the internetto post it.

I could access the internet at first but it wouldn't display the full page, I have now lost all connection I have also lost my IP address THE LAN CONNECTION) keeps coming up with the message "windows could not finish repairing the problem Renewing your IP address. On doing this its assigned an automatic private address with a different ip address, I can't remember what mine was either...
The 1394 connection status?? Net adapter says TCP/IP is not enabled for this connection cannot proceed.

I have temp files from yesterday that I can't have put in, and a new folder has appered from no where this is -  hpodCoreTemp

Don't know what to do now, any ideas.

cheers in advance XX

NoelMVP

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 06:55:29 AM »

A few details would help - like your operating system!!
Do you use an HP scanner or printer?
What is your LAN connection? - it would be very unusual for you to be using 1394 as a LAN connection. How are you connecting to the Internet?

Noel Paton
(MS - MVP, Windows, 2002-2006)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.com
redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 12:39:09 AM »

The 1394 is usually not used for LAN at all since it's a Firewire connection. So you can safely ignore that bit.

NoelMVP is right however, more details about your operating system would go a long way of pushing us towards a solution.

NoelMVP

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 12:49:40 AM »

1394 can be used for LAN connections in a workgroup - the same way that USB or parallel cables can be

Noel Paton
(MS - MVP, Windows, 2002-2006)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: