MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Webmasters : Web Design Problems arrow Topic: Refreshing web pages
April 24, 2019, 05:04:55 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2019, 05:04:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Refreshing web pages  (Read 2663 times)
Shayne

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2006, 08:53:46 PM »

Hello

I am maintaining a simple web page using Front Page 2000.  This is a new thing for me so I am still learning.  The problem occurs whenever I change a page and publish it.  When A user opens the site they get the old page and can only get the changed page when they manually refresh the page.  What do I have to do so that the most updated page will appear when someone opens the site?

Thanks
Shayne

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 12:11:24 AM »

It's entirely possible that if people have viewed your page previously, then the old one is already cached in their browser. That means it will only change once the browser requests new data.

What I'd recommend though, is to manually delete the offending file from the server and then re-publish it. See if that works and then report back with news on how it went.

Shayne

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 01:23:48 AM »

That seems to work.  Isn't there a setting in IE that always updates pages when a site is loaded?

Thanks for your help.

Shayne

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 09:20:45 PM »

It's possible to do that in IE. You have to enter Internet Options for this to happen though. Under the General tab, click the Settings button in the Temporary Internet Files part of the window.
When in there, you have a few options and the default one says Automatically. If you want it to refresh on every visit, just check the relevant radio button and then apply and OK out. That should ensure a fresh check of the site for every visit.

keveenjones

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:36:13 AM »

No, there is no problem with your side. If you can upload a new web page after changes in server then definelty any user can see only updated page, so there is a problem with the user side. May be user browsers working not perfectly.

*Link Removed*
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: