MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Loggin on.
March 29, 2020, 12:05:11 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2020, 12:05:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Loggin on.  (Read 933 times)
dawno

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2006, 07:21:04 AM »

Hello

I was going to start off saying I didn't have a problem just needed to know how to change something but I think I just might have a problem.

Long story short I had an issue with my printer printing and could not open up the software to calibrate my cartidges, so I uninstalled and reinstalled my software, well it prompted me to resart and after it restarted I got the "Log on to windows" screen.  That has never happened before, there has never been more than one user that had to have different people set up.
So I bought a new printer tonight and installed fine and such but later when I just came on here and moved the mouse so the screen saver stopped I got it again.
So I was wanting to know how to stop this, and I just went in to the control panel and user accounts before I bothered anyone here on something small I was sure I could figure this out
BUT
There is mine which has always been there.  But 2 that I am darn sure never have been.  One says guest.  And it says guest account is off.  But there is another one that says ASP.NET Machine...A's account and underneath it says Limited account password protected.
Have I got someone else in here with me?Huh?
What do I do?  I haven't even ever seen the pics for the "2 accounts" before and they do not come up on that long on to windows account.

Thanks
Dawn

Dawn
Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 11:51:17 AM »

The guest account is a standard installation by Windows. You can disable that one. Or should, better said, as it allows everyone to get on your PC.

The ASP.NET account is made by Microsoft .NET
Don't disable it.

Jord.
dawno

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 05:56:43 PM »

Thanks alot, am I able to stop this logging in business that is a new thing onthe computer?

Thanks again
Dawn

Dawn
Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 09:35:13 PM »

That's as far as I know because you (or something else) added the "Client for Microsoft Networks" option under your network connection. Probably your printer software, as it needs it in case you want to share it (over the network).

Easily circumvented though.
Like so. Wink

Jord.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: