MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Windows Firewall Problem
March 31, 2020, 10:07:33 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 31, 2020, 10:07:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Windows Firewall Problem  (Read 1040 times)
renegade

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2006, 03:45:12 PM »

Hey all, I hope someone can help me out with this.

Well, lately i havent been able to play games online. So i went to see what was wrong with my firewall. I went to my control panel, clicked Security Center, and then clicked on Windows Firewall. But i cant get in my Firewall settings. It keeps telling me:
"Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service?"

So i press yes and it shows that its starting. But then it comes up that
"Windows cannot start the Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service".

So i went to my control panel, administrative tools and i went to my services. I tried to start it manually, by going to propreties and clicking start. But another error pops up, saying
"Could not start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Can someone help me out with this?
Thanks in advance,
Sean Moreau
Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 08:06:27 PM »

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892199

Also

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=892350

Jord.
renegade

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 12:25:48 PM »

Thanks alot, but it still doesnt help. Ive tried both links and it still wont work.
Maybe this will help a little, since i get it everytime i try to type something in there
WARNING: Could not obtain host information from machine: [MOREAU-COMPUTER]. Some
 commands may not be available.
The dependency service or group failed to start.

PS: I do have problems with Windows Antispyware Beta as we speak. I also run Windows XP SP2.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 01:07:55 PM by renegade » Logged
renegade

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 09:04:55 PM »

Can someone help me out? or...

And it just keeps starting and stopping and starting and stopping everytime i restart my computer. This is really weird.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: