MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: directx 9.0c wont install
March 29, 2020, 12:22:03 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2020, 12:22:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: directx 9.0c wont install  (Read 1947 times)
nouru

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2006, 07:25:32 AM »

well the problem is as above. im running on a winxp sp2 and my current directx version is dx9b. when i tried to install dx9c, it just say "installation successful", there is no progress bar, nothing. when i run dxdiag, my dx version is still dx9b. i tried installing it in my win98SE, and it worked just fine...what's wrong?

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 06:23:56 AM »

Try reinstalling 9.0b first, then reboot and install 9.0c

If your videocard isn't Dx9 compliant it's not really necessary, though.

Jord.
nouru

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 07:51:38 AM »

tried it. didnt work. my videocard is nvidia 6600gt btw. and i tried both dx9c installer from  microsoft site and the one provided with my videocard. nothing works.

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 05:01:17 PM »

You have got the videocard drivers installed, haven't you?
Have you tried shutting the PC down, taking the videocard out and reseating it, then after a reboot install DirectX?
Any messages in Event Viewer?

Jord.
nouru

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 09:21:59 AM »

nop. nothing. nada...
could it be that it had something to do with patches o updates for windows? i havent update for a very long time.

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 04:31:58 PM »

It is essential to keep your computer's operating system and programs in top condition.  That means keeping up with applying patches, hot fixes and service packs. Visit the Windows Update Site. Im still not convinced this will resolve your issue though.

Was this a new video card installation? DId you remove the older drivers from the previous video card?

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 11:43:37 AM »

How big is the download that you're using - the one you get from the usuall download site is actually only a stub file of about 300Kb - which then assesses your system and sets up the rest of the download.
You may need to get the install from elswhere -
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3F2828FA-0E3C-4837-AFC0-6C67DCAA54BF&displaylang=en

See if that one works - if not then it maty be a case of editing hte registry into fooling XP into thinking that the update is not installed, and forcing the install that way. - I'll see what I can find out about how to do that.

Noel Paton
(MS - MVP, Windows, 2002-2006)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: