MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Overclocking, Cooling & Modding Problems arrow Topic: Sudden resets / power off issues!
October 27, 2020, 06:14:58 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 27, 2020, 06:14:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sudden resets / power off issues!  (Read 5783 times)
Zoobee

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2006, 01:13:51 PM »

I have been gathering parts for my new pc since october. Finally got to get my PSU last week.

The system is as follows...

ASUS P5N32 SLI DELUXE
P4 630 HT 3.0GHZ
GEIL 2GB DDR2 667MHZ
LEADTEK PX7800GT
HIPER TYPE-R 580W MODULAR (I did research and acording to a few ppl this PSU is compatible with all ATX up to 2.2... my board is 2.0 so it shd work. My board has the extra 4 pins, the PSU has the added 4 pin connecter.)

Ok, well I heard from a friend that you didn't have to do a reformat / reinstall of the os. He put his HDD into a new system and he was presented with a number to call MS. They gave him another code, and guided him through setting up the new system without reinstalling Windows.

I tried that, the machine booted. I didn't get a number to call MS... it just booted. I had no problems, except for LSP's being added and dll errors. So I uninstalled my old nforce drivers and installed the new boards drivers. Then new gfx drivers. All was well, I could connect to the net and play games... but every few minutes the machine would reset. After a few attempts it shut down.

I put the HDD into old pc, uninstalled drivers and reinstalled the old boards drivers... now it's all grand in old pc again.

What I am wondering is, is it a cooling issue... ie, the sudden restarts and shutdown. OR is it because of the HDD thing. (old system is 32bit). I have another HDD, shd I try to do a fresh install of windows on it with my new PC... or is it a cooling / hardware problem.

Or at a long shot is it that the PSU needs to be ATX V2.0?

Any help is much appreciated Smiley
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 02:09:16 PM by Zoobee » Logged

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 11:13:24 PM »

IMO you should have reformatted and installed fresh. Start with that and if there are no issues then that was the probelm. Its not going to cost you nothing at this point in time.

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Jump to: