MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: outlook ex 6.0 and winxp sp2
June 07, 2020, 03:22:32 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2020, 03:22:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: outlook ex 6.0 and winxp sp2  (Read 1496 times)
trwwci

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2006, 12:20:53 AM »

upgraded to win xp pro sp2 and now cannot open e-mail attachments. turned off the virus blocker thingy in the tools/options/security and still cannot open.
upgraded winxp home on laptop and no problems
forwarded email to gmail account and no problems
unisnstalled sp2 and no problems
re installed sp2 same problem is back
need sp2 to run SOUND BRIDGE HARDWARE
also cannot save file "command failed to execute" error
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 12:23:47 AM by trwwci » Logged

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 10:05:57 AM »

To see if this isn't just another bug with the Windows integrated email client, I recommend that you install and test Mozilla Thunderbird. It imports your settings from OE and will also allow you to keep hold of your OE look and feel, for the most part.

If that works without a problem, then I suggest discarding the use of OE completely.

trwwci

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 04:28:45 PM »

Grin
did as you suggested and the thunderbird is rather transparent to outlook express and is just as easy to use and has better features.
another dud from microsoft disarmed !

installation and setup took less time than getting into microsoft ? help ?

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 09:19:13 PM »

I take it that things went very smoothly after you made the change then Smiley

trwwci

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 03:36:39 PM »

too tings

1.what is the dialogue from Kryten and Lister ?

2.How do Bill stay in Bidness , while Mozilla is on the loose ? The email works just fine and also have switched to Mozilla Browser , wife even likes it better.
Installed ROKU SoundBridge in ten minutes , works really sweet over my wireless router setup. Even the Win Media Connect download and install was a snap.
Really does a nice job playing .mp3 from hard drive through the air waves on my stereo- anyone need 26 feet of RCA connector cable?

Thanx for the advice on solving the problem
 Grin

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 08:11:04 PM »

too tings

1.what is the dialogue from Kryten and Lister ?

2.How do Bill stay in Bidness , while Mozilla is on the loose ? The email works just fine and also have switched to Mozilla Browser , wife even likes it better.

Thanx for the advice on solving the problem
 Grin

1. Lister and Kryten are two of the characters in the best sitcom in the world, Red Dwarf. I recommend buying the DVDs and watching, because this is frightfully funny stuff.

2. Bill stays in business due to misinformation and underhanded business practices. Too bad that most people don't see that. What's worse, other software houses cater for M$'s needs and therefore create the need for their bloated operating systems and other tools they make.

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: