MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
September 15, 2019, 11:13:56 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2019, 11:13:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem  (Read 1837 times)
Xiandu

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2006, 09:23:28 AM »

when i start my computer or try to run the internet i get this dl.exe that pops up

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

dl.exe
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal intstruction.
CS:0dbe I{:03d8 OP:63 3d 22 68 74 Choose 'Close" to terminate the application
then gives option to close or ignore

i have no clue what this is but it is causing tons of problems on my computer, any help would be greatly appreciated

system specs are as follows
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 09:41:44 AM by Xiandu » Logged

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 06:44:15 PM »

It seems your system may be infected with a worm.

Download and install:  HiJackThis.

(Always create a Folder for HiJackThis anywhere but your Temp/Temporary Internet Folders or Desktop. A good place to make a folder would be in My Documents, as this is where it will save the backup files needed if there's a problem.)

Then doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Do A System Scan And Save Log". Make sure all Windows and Browsers are closed.
When the scan is finished, best to save your text file in the same folder as where you put HiJackthis.

Create a New Topic in Security & Viruses Forum and Copy/Paste the info from your saved Hijackthis log file into your new topic.

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 07:26:43 AM »

Your problem is like mine. I am not an expert and I may be wrong. I got "dl.exe"  when using mobile phone WAP connected on my laptop at speed of 9.6kbs. There was this pop up from www.reg-fix.com which kept on warning about spywares and my system registry.

You will  correct this problem as follow:

Go to start, then find files and folders and search "dl.exe", once you have found the file right click the file "dl", select and click "open with" but do not open, then you see folders in C and two of the file are called "dl" of which one is a dos file. delete both, restart the system and you are back in business. It will work.

Edward Ngure
Nairobi, Kenya
Email: Ngureco@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:53:01 AM by ngureco » Logged
Xiandu

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 01:21:57 AM »

Actually found out it came from my roommate's computer the next day, he got it from helping someone's computer.  When he hooked it up to repair it, it put the virus which was a worm on his computer and then it spread to mine thru our network since we are networked together, sorry been busy and haven't been home lately.  Appreciate the help, and i did get it fixed.  Keep up the great work you guys do.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: