MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: tv card sound
August 18, 2019, 02:01:30 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2019, 02:01:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tv card sound  (Read 1377 times)
rjh111271

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2003, 07:52:19 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:win 98 se
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:pinnacle systems studio pctv rave
Error Messages:

since fitting my tv card (pci) i have not been able to get sound unless i fit a separate set of speakers. this is ok but i'd like to be able to record tv on hard drive but currently get no sound. tested the little lead i got with card and seems to be ok.I have it connected to input on m/board (as onboard sound/ ie no separate sound card)
Do i need to change settings somewhere for my system to recognise sound from tv card?

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2003, 04:03:09 PM »

Can't help you but at least this gets back on the top list again

Smiley

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 06:00:34 PM »

Hi,

Try to change to PAL-I then rescan stations.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
rjh111271

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 03:52:10 PM »

hi
i can only get a picture with set to PAL
have a feeling its down to my pc setup
i have 3 jack sockets on my m/board(integrated sound)
1 for mic
1 for pc speakers
other 1 connected to tv card as i assume this socket on m/board is line in...could i be wrong? could it be something else such as line out?Huh?
if this is the case do i need to connect the tv card sound internally?
if so what do i look for? no manual for m/board
aaarrrggghhh so many questions
lol

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2003, 02:47:03 PM »

Hi,

Did you get both an external and internal cable with the PCTV card?

If you got the internal cable, look for the connector on both the PCTV card and the integrated sound card. If you don't see the connector on the mothboard, then you may have to attach them externally.

If you give me the make and model of your motherboard, I can look it up to see if the board has one.

The 3rd audio connector should be a line-in. Check your Windows mixer settings to make sure the line-in mixer is not muted or set too low.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
rjh111271

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 02:21:52 PM »

Have now fitted a soundcard and think it could be giving me probs. Playing Delta Force Task Force Dagger and it is "stuttery". I fitted the soundcard in one pci slot and was having probs.Refitted it in another and smae, but problem was that i hadn't disabled on board sound in bios. Could my pc be trying to find the card in the pci slot i first inserted it into? Stutter seems to be consistent with hard drive light flickering.
Sorry went a bit off course. I would still like to get original problem solved. No internal cable with tvcard but there is a socket for one. Cant see a socket on m/board tho. Yes the connector is a line in and have checked that volume setting is not set to mute( i assume i checked this in the proper place..volume controls)
Sorry about all the questions and thankyou for your invaluable help

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: