MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Computer Startup Problems
November 12, 2019, 06:17:25 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 12, 2019, 06:17:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Computer Startup Problems  (Read 885 times)
hcp_darkside

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2006, 11:52:41 PM »

Well, my sister has an HP computer, and she has been using it for months now, before she had it, it was mine, and I added an extra hdd and memory. Well apparently it has quit working for her, and so I went up to check it, and so I took off the side panel to check it out, and had to blow out all the dust that seems to have collected inside. Upon hitting the power button, the power light comes on, and the fans begin to spin, and then within 1 to 2 seconds after that, the fans stop, yet the computer seems to stay on, while displaying nothing on the computer. Idk what happened to cause this. Could it be a bad processor? Power Supply?

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 03:10:32 PM »

I would check into another power supply, does the cpu fan stop spinning also? This is not a good thing if it does. Do not attempt to run the system without the cpu fan spinning as it can cause it to overheat and damage the processor.

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 05:48:10 PM »

yea, the CPU fan stopped as well, and I immediately turned the computer off after it did that. The thing I'm unsure of is that the processor may already have burnt up. It is an AMD. I will look into a new power supply and see if that fixes it.

Thnks for the help

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: