MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Hybird.F and Hybird
November 17, 2019, 02:53:27 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2019, 02:53:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hybird.F and Hybird  (Read 2829 times)
Lil_Miss_Oops

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2003, 08:30:32 PM »

Hello it's me again.. :O) I have a question... you helped me get rid of the yaha K virus. is there anything I can do to get the Hybird virus out of My grandfathers computer. I took him to a site that does free virus scans and it found the same virus in 5 different files. is there anything I can do to get rid of that one.? My grandpa has windows me I have his tower here at home with me and I'll be hooking it up right now. can you help me out?

I am always Messing up somewhere I hope you can help. :OI
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 08:48:57 PM »

Hi,

Since there are a few types of the "Hybrid" virus, can you let me know which one he has?

WM_HYBRID.A
TROJ_HYBRID

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 09:58:30 PM »

Oops, should have read the topic! Grin

You can use http://housecall.antivirus.com/ to clean the I-Worm.Hybris.f, HYBRID

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Lil_Miss_Oops

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 02:56:32 AM »

I went to housecall already, it says it cannot be cleaned and all that.... unless I looked wrong.
in the virus scan it says he has
Malware.worm_Hybris and to reboot  the computer so that it can completely clean the trojan and I did, but I decided to scan it again so that I can make sure they were gone, cause thats what I did when I had the yaha.k on my computer. when it was done it said it had...Hybris.PLG  and  Hybris.F
it showed it was in like 5 different locations

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 04:29:16 PM »

Hi,

Depending of the 5 files that are infected, it is possible that these files were created by the virus itself. Run the scan again, write down the 5 files that are infected and let me know what they are. If it is files created by the virus, then you will be able to safely deleted them, but just let me know what they are before doing so.

Sylvain Amyot

Lil_Miss_Oops

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2003, 09:33:07 PM »

okay now heres the thing. I hooked up my grandpas coputer, and it starts up the windows like normal. once al the icons on the destop are up an error comes up saying that explorer has made an error and must close. so I click on close, and it closes but from then on the "busy" cursor starts and never stops.
 It won't let me click on anything. It moves, but when I click on something, nothing happens. It stays busy. I left it that way for two hours thinking something would happen and that maybe it was just slow but, nothing ever happened.
so now I'm not even able to log on now to scan or anything.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2003, 09:47:48 PM »

Hi,

Try booting up Windows and right before the desktop appears, hold down the <SHIFT> key until there is no more hard drive activity (all icons are showing). This bypasses the Startup group. If anything in it is causing Explorer to crash, it will stop it from loading.

If the problem persists, try booting in Safe-Mode, hold down the <SHIFT> key as soon as you see something on the screen when you first power on the system. Right after you see the blue Windows logo screen, wait a few seconds and let go of the <SHIFT> key, now hit the <ESC> key to remove the logo screen, you should see written on the screen that Windows is bypassing startup file and will boot in Safe-Mode. If you can get into Windows properly at this point something in the registry is causing Explorer to crash. Try running 'msconfig' to set Windows in "Diagnostics Mode" and reboot.  Now try running your antivirus at this point to get the 5 filenames.

Sylvain Amyot

Lil_Miss_Oops

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2003, 07:38:12 PM »

okay now.... I did the safe mode thing, and well it still freezez and won't do anything just like when I wasn't in safe mode. and now I try to go back to normal but it won't do it. I try to get out of safe mode I click on normal and it starts up again but the screen is still all snowy as if it was in safe mode. what do I do now?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2003, 07:41:06 PM by Lil_Miss_Oops » Logged

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2003, 02:11:28 PM »

Hi,

When booting in Normal mode, besides the display problem, are you still getting lock ups?

If you're getting lockups in Safe-Mode, then the virus may have damaged key Windows files and you may have to re-install Windows. Before re-installing Windows, please answer my first question!

Sylvain Amyot

Lil_Miss_Oops

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2003, 09:47:49 PM »

yes, the computer is still locking up. when everything came up I was able to get into safe mode. and now I am stuck in safe mode. I can't click on anything I get no response to anything. the busy mouse never get's "UNBUSY" and the error for microsoft internet explorer comes up automatically. I can click on okay to that so that it get's ff the desktop but fter that nothing. it wont let me do anything at all. I have to shut it down illegally just to get it to restart again. amd I totally screwed? I feel bad because My Grandpa is growing inpatient and wants his computer back but it's hard to explain all this to him lol you know?  Thank you again for helping me.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2003, 01:24:36 PM »

Hi,

Since you can't get anywhere in Safe-Mode, the next step at this point would be to re-install Windows. But before doing so, make sure you have all the needed drivers before proceeding (e.g. video card, sound card, network card, modem...)

Go to the 'Device Manager' and write down the device drivers installed for the following devices so you know what model they are by expanding the device type (little + sign in from of type)
- Display Adapters (e.g. ATI Rage 128 Pro...)
- Network Adapters
- Sound, video and game controllers
- Modem

If the system supports boot off cd, insert the Win98 cd and reboot.
If setup starts, then proceed with the installation and make sure when asked where to install Windows to select the same folder Windows is already installed. (e.g. c:\windows)

Sylvain Amyot

Lil_Miss_Oops

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2003, 05:11:47 AM »

now I'm going crazy. I can't get anywhere in anything, safe mode or normal. I'm not even sure it's in normal aftter I start it up under the "normal" option it still has a snowy picture just like safe mode. and I can't click on anything except "OKAY" on the internet explorer error thats in safe mode and in normal. I can't do anything but that it won't click on anything at all. I even try just loading the windows 98 CD but all it does is open so I can put it in  it closes spins very briefly and thats it nothing else happens. I am able to keep puting these entries in here cause I keep unhooking my grandpas computer and hooking up mine, I just added that incase you were wondering.
is there anything else I can do? someone suggested i scrub the computer. I don't know what that is or how to do it or if it would even work.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2003, 12:56:34 PM »

Hi,

By 'scrub' they probably mean re-install Windows from scratch. I would try to re-install Windows on top of what is there (same folder) as I suggested in my previous post and if problems persist, them start from scratch! Re-installing on top may fix the problems and keep your existing configuration/software working.

Sylvain Amyot

Lil_Miss_Oops

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2003, 09:09:20 PM »

since I can't click on anything but that internet explorere error, I'm thinking that scrubbing may be my only option.
how do I go about that? I tried asking my friend who suggested it but he don't want to touch my grandpas computer or be responsible I can understand that. so I am again asking you for help.
can you tell me how to do it please?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2003, 12:32:16 PM »

Hi,

1. Make sure you have all the required drivers before starting (e.g. video card, sound card, network card, modem...)
2. Boot off the Windows ME cd (you may need to enter the BIOS setup to set the device boot order to cdrom, floppy and then hard drive)
3. Setup will start and re-install in the same folder as the damaged installation (e.g. c:\windows)
4. Once the installation completes, you may need to install some of the missing drivers.

Sylvain Amyot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: