MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Computer Related Discussions arrow General Discussions arrow Topic: system not stable
November 17, 2019, 03:12:19 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2019, 03:12:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: system not stable  (Read 1882 times)
navigator2k1

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2003, 02:40:26 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Well its me again seems to me that ever scince i put this computer together I have not been able to stabelize it or make run the way its suppose to. I`ll get to the point I probably need a step by step instructions on how they really are put together. Like I mentioned before  its a 98se O/S,WD 40gig Hd, an old 8mb all in wonder pro ati video card, basic 56 kmodem an ECS motherboard,an 1.7 xp athalon and thats about it. Any suggestions to make my system run better?

Greatly appriciated

El Capitan
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2003, 03:24:34 PM »

Hi,

Is this related to this other thread you started?

Lost my memory

If so, please continue that thread and I will close this one. Thanks.....

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Sean

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 05:28:51 PM »

It sort of looks that way. A different question but looks around the same.

Sean

navigator2k1

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2003, 02:00:51 PM »

no, on that other system I installed windows 95 and it was a pentium 2

El Capitan
Sean

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2003, 02:43:45 PM »

Ah, I see. My mistake.

Sorry.

I can't really help you on topic either. I don't see why it doesnt run ok. What isnt running properly? Is there a particular error ( a particular program etc that doesnt run right)?

Sean

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2003, 04:19:33 PM »

Hi,

So this is not the same system that has 64mb of RAM and is only seeing 32MB, right?

When you say you haven't been able to stabilize your system, is this because you get lock ups, crashes....can you please be more specific. If you get error messages, what are they and in what applications are they occuring?

Can you please update your other threads... Here is a list

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
navigator2k1

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2003, 02:20:09 PM »

yes it does lock up at times. Sometimes I logon the internet and it will take it for ever to load a web pages and then theres other times when it will do it right. What i was thinking is there free programs out there that will make your system run a little bit better. Iam starting to think that maybe my All In Wonder Pro Video Card is outdated it only has 8mb of video? I don`t know maybe its not the right combination of hardware. Maybe you could give me an Idea of what a right combination of hardware I could use to build a decent computer without the high dollar ticket price  or maybe use what I already have.  I don`t know

El Capitan
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2003, 08:29:00 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for replying to your other posts! Smiley

Try running Win98 in 'Diagnostics Mode' for a few days to see if the performance is better. This may indicate wether the problem is software or hardware related, before you go out to buy hardware. The lack of video memory will not cause web pages to load slow.

Use "Diagnostics Startup" to troubleshoot Windows

Sylvain Amyot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: