MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: CD's shortcuts don't work
December 11, 2019, 03:07:05 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 03:07:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD's shortcuts don't work  (Read 3191 times)
coezr

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2003, 05:39:50 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Win Me
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Mitsumi CR48X9TE, Samsung DVD SD606F
Error Messages:

DVD and CD R/W have been working properly. Now, shortcuts don't work nor does DBL clkng on either icon. Opening CR with Explore and dnd to Winamp plays the track for wither  player.  All audio controls are unmuted. cannot monitor audio thru CDs front jacks. In properties, the disconnect box is unchecked,enable dig Audio is ckd, shortcut key says NONE. I tried youdr suggestion to an old forum ?- changed the HKEY_local_machine---from"xIOS" to"NIOS" without any effect.Undecided

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 12:31:38 PM »

Hi,

I am not quite sure I follow here...

Can you give me more details on your problem?

Is this an audio problem or a cdrom access problem?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
coezr

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 04:06:08 PM »

This is a CD access problem. neither can be accessed from shorcuts on the desktop. Nor are they auto-playing. Nor can audio be monitored from the front jack.  The can be played by using explore, which opens them then the individual files can be run. A playing CD(from either unit)Embarrassed can be heard thru the normal external speakers.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 07:41:23 PM »

Hi,

What shortcuts are you referring to? Are they shortcuts to launch games or applications off the cd?

Verify the CDROM properties and make sure "Insert Notification" is ON to enable autorun.

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
coezr

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2003, 06:53:40 PM »

The shortcuts on the Desktop do not work. The auto-play doesn't start with a music CD  in either CDROM. Audio from the front panel jack is not working. enable digital CD audio is chkd. I can still DnD an audio tk to Winamp and it works.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2003, 07:29:13 PM »

The shortcut to what? What is the name of the shortcut?

Did you check your CDROM properties for the "Insert Notification" option like I mentioned above?

The front audio connector is meant to be used with earphones, is this what you're using?

Sylvain Amyot

coezr

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2003, 12:07:36 PM »

Yes, insert notification is chkd. the short cuts on the desktop are named: Chortcut(d) to Compact Disc and Shortcut(G) to Comact Disc. They were made a 2nd time from the Icons in MY COMPUTER, after deleting and reinstalling. In Properties, when targeting it takes me to the correct CDROM in MY COMPUTER!

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2003, 01:11:23 PM »

It sounds a bit like you have not chked box for preferred devices only in the multimedia control panel and then in your codec preferences you have not reordered the drivers so that the preferred audio driver is chosen first over the others on your system.

Am I on the right track here?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2003, 05:23:05 PM »

Hi,

About the shorcuts, if they are incorrect, delete them and recreate them by opening "My Computer", right click the cdrom drive and select 'Create Shortcut'. It will ask if you want to create it on your desktop, click yes.

Sylvain Amyot

coezr

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2003, 07:56:15 PM »

I have recreated them with no avail. But rqhasenor's question may have validity--but where's the codec? I have  heard the word or acronym, but can't find it in my A+ cert guide, nor get anything of meaning when I searched for it--some French electronics outfit. But, I might relate that I have recently run a cleaner that could have taken out some kind of link{maybe I should go to Misft and upgrade my ME-I don't have the original disc). My properties from rt clkng on the Desktop Icon look correct and the properties in the cControl Panel, System, Device manager look OK! --and while there, I tried to update the drivers and got the note that it was using the latest driver.

coezr

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2003, 08:13:51 PM »

I just found the lis of 13 Audio CODECS in Sounds and Devices.  AN INtel is priority 1!  Maybe I should rearrange the priorities? My system uses the Crystal WDM S/W originally.

coezr

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2003, 01:54:38 AM »

My shortcut to the CDROM is still nto working...I tried to get some pics off a disc today, while working in Microsoft picture editor. When I go "GET"  and clk on the "G" drive a note pops up sying please put a cd in!!!

coezr

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2003, 02:20:17 PM »

I guess everyone has given up! All proboem and status info is here on this forum.

thx

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2003, 02:16:03 PM »

Hi,

Nobody gave up! I was simply not available during this Easter Weekend!

Can you access cds from "My Computer" directly? Are you having problems with data and/or audio cds? Are these original cds or burnt ones?

Is the only audio problem you have is hearing something from the front audio jack on the cdrom drive? If so, playing around with Windows sound settings will not change anything. Audio is piped to the jack at a hardware level within the cdrom drive.

Sylvain Amyot

coezr

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2003, 12:19:25 PM »

can't play connercial music CD via autoplay cannot monitor it from the fromt panel jack. I CAN go to My computer,open it and select a song to play. One CD came  wth the system!yr old, the CDBurner I got 9months ago, Until they went OUT both were working as exxpected..
thx

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 

Jump to: