MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: XP HELP!!!!
December 11, 2019, 03:13:07 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 03:13:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: XP HELP!!!!  (Read 962 times)
loombg

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2003, 08:33:47 PM »

I have a VPR Matrix 2.53 ghz processor with 100gig HD.  I had XP home on my PC when I bought it in Dec 2002.  We hooked our apartment up to a router using a cable modem.  One day, I came home from work and the screen was blank.  OS would not book and it said I lost all physical memory.  So not having it for too long I didn't have anything of value on it yet, so I decided to attempt to restore XP.  During the restore process, files were missing, it was as though the CD didn't have the files, so I skipped over them, over 100.  No expecting the restore to work, I turned my pc back on and get the error " System disk error..." the same error that you get when you turn your PC on with a Floppy disk in the A: drive.  VPR sent me a new restore disk but I am still getting the same error.  I have fooled around with the Bios to start up with the CD ROM but nothing.  What should I do?  I have heard:

1) go to bootdisk.com and get a XP boot disk.  
2) throw an additional 1600 dollars out the window so it doesn't look like the PC was "that much to lose"  

Please Help!  Thanks a bunch

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 01:56:15 PM »

sounds like your HD has experience a static charge or power surge/spike thingy. Meaning that the boot disk area of the hard diak is damaged.

Or power supply has too low or faulty output.

All HD's have a 15% failure rate, perhaps your is a dodgy one.

Take it back to dealer for waranty repair. Accept NO excuses, just give it to them and say "fix it".

Admin please help on this one as I'm off for the easter weekend

loombg

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 02:27:10 PM »

I appreciate the Help, If that is the case, I am going to have to send it back to the Manufacturer, which is probably going to cost as much as a new Hard drive.  If I don't hear any suggestions, I might just go buy a new one.  Thanks again.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 03:38:18 PM »

Hi,

It does sound like a hard drive problem.

I assume you did not buy the system locally and that sending it back may be difficult or expensive. I would call their sypport, if they have one, and if they also suspect the hard drive being defective, see if they would be willing to send a new one to you and, once you receive it, talk you through installing it. Then you could simply ship back to defective drive to them.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: