MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Networking Problems arrow Topic: Lan vista-xp issue...
June 05, 2020, 05:31:45 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2020, 05:31:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lan vista-xp issue...  (Read 977 times)
nikson

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2007, 01:01:33 PM »

Hi everybody! I'm just arrived on this forum cos i'm going mad at this issue... Hope to not post something already asked, but i think it wasn't...
What i'd like to do is to set up a LAN as showed by the picture, in order to share the internet connection and one printer:

The PCs are linked to the switch by direct patch cable, not crossover. The network adapters are configurated as below:
IP: 192.168.0.x (where x is from 1 to 3, one for each pc)
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNSs: the ones of my ISP
The only think that work is the connection to the internet from the main computer (the vista one...)

I don't thing the network isn't working for the different OSs, cos this happened even before to migrate the main computer to Vista...
Hope you can help me to solve my problem!...Bye!

PS: i'm italian, so i apologize for my english if i did some mistake...

Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 12:20:06 AM »

Well, it seems that you need to make a change in the DNS settings of your network behind the Vista machine.

So let the Vista machine assign the local IPs, as it should and the other ones should obtain IPs automatically, and obtain DNS server address automatically.
You also have to enable ICS on the Vista machine and find a way to make it pass traffic through. You might need to fiddle with the Vista firewall to get it to happen.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: