MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Computer Related Discussions arrow General Discussions arrow Topic: PC does not respond
October 18, 2019, 05:33:58 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2019, 05:33:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PC does not respond  (Read 1896 times)
artan

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2003, 09:56:24 AM »

While operating my PC operating system (Windows 98) does not respond, it so I have to restart my computer all over again, and lately it is happening every two minutes.
I have the VGA II graphick card.
Can you tell my what's going on?
Thank you.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 01:59:06 PM »

Hi,

System lockups can be caused by many things.

Check out http://www.mytechsupport.ca/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=42&topic=1034 for possible answers.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
artan

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2003, 09:26:26 AM »

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Hi,

System lockups can be caused by many things.

Check out http://www.mytechsupport.ca/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=42&topic=1034 for possible answers.

OK,

I've tried all of your advices but it seems like nothing is functioning-but i have i question for you:
I have installed the G-Force graphic card but for the driver i got it from the solted mother-board CD-could this be the problem of the lockups that are occuring in my computer.

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2003, 03:14:39 PM »

Hi Artan,

You are a computer technician!!!!!!!!   Smiley

Talk computers to me and I will help you as much as I can.

Your question is sooooooooooooooooo general that I would only be guessing.

How about you giving us all the gruesome details, in detail and then maybe we can tell you what to do from our end.

artan

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 02:58:46 PM »

OK Bro,
as for me being a technitian come and study in this place my man Angry- but this is the situation when it comes to my computer.
I never had this problem when i had the 8MB of my graphic card-but when i've installed the g-forc 2-32MB and since then lockouts are occuring constantly. Could it be the driver which is causing this problem or  can it happen because my mother board is not compatibile with the g-force. As for my mother board i need to see which type is it and i will let you know. And the lockout is happening at any time for no reasons-i've even formated all of the hard drive but nothing.

hope to hear from you soon.

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2003, 11:19:41 AM »

Need you to dump all of your hardware and ops. details first onto this page for us to see. I mean lots of detail...

...then I think it will be relatively easy to sort this one out.

PS: you put as occupation in your profile 'computer technician'. I assume as opposed to 'systems analyst'.  Smiley

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2003, 01:49:13 PM »

Hi,

From what I understand, you have a built-in video on your motherboard and have recently added a new GeForce video card add-on. Is this correct?

Most motherboard automatically disable the onboard video card when an add-on card is used. Some don't, check you BIOS setup to see if there is an option to disable the onboard video card.

Also, the old drivers may be conflicting with the new card. Try disabling the onboard video card through the "Device Manager" though its properties.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your new card.

---

If you simply replaced an older add-on video card with the new one and there is no onboard video card, make sure all the drivers/software for the old card has been removed.

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
artan

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2003, 06:26:19 AM »

OK,
i did find out what was causing all the problems at my computer.
It was the CPU fan- it was not working corectly so i have just replaced it and know it is working perfectly. Thank for your help and for spending your time.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2003, 04:14:59 PM »

That's great! Glad you got your problem solved! Grin

Thank you for updating your thread with your solution. Grin:)

Sylvain Amyot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: