MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Building Gaming System
December 09, 2019, 10:13:47 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2019, 10:13:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Building Gaming System  (Read 784 times)
Newbie96

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2007, 05:23:57 PM »

Hi,

I am new to this site.  I am putting parts together for a gaming system.  I have been looking at the Asus Crosshair mobo, AMD AM2 6400+, XFX 8800 GTS, 4 Gigs of Patriot Ram, Creative XtremeGamer sound card, Raptor 150 GB hd, Seagate 500 GB hd, and a DVD Rom SATA and DVD bruner SATA.  I have been reading that people are having trouble getting this mobo to "see" 4 gigs of ram.  Anyone have any issues with the parts I am looking at? I have been trying to contact Asus with no reply.  Also I am torn over what OS to use, XP Pro x64 or Vista?? Any input would be great. Thanks

Newbie96
Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 12:23:19 AM »

Your system will not see more than 3 GB of ram unless you are using a 64bit OS

Personally I use MSI mobos. Your choice of cpu and video are good, ram seems to be of personal preference as they are all lifetime warrantied now a-days
Which drive is going to be your primary drive the Raptor 150 GB hd or the Seagate 500 GB hd?

Personally I wouldn't use Vista yet, you can always install at a later time as your system should be compatible.

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 11:32:27 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for the info.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: