MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Monitor Problems
November 22, 2019, 01:23:01 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2019, 01:23:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Monitor Problems  (Read 721 times)
lmdok

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2007, 10:49:16 AM »

I recently moved a computer, had to unplug everything.  When I hooked it back up, the monitor shows the Windows XP logo perfectly clear, but when it gets to the user login page, it is all fuzzy blue.  It looks like an old TV that needs the horizontal hold & vertical hold adjusted.  If I start the computer in safe mode, the screen is perfectly clear. What do I do?   Embarrassed
Thanks, I appreciate any and all help.  This is my kids' computer, and they don't like to be without it!
redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 08:02:39 PM »

Looks like a classic case of Graphics card driver corruption.

My advice is this:

Uninstall the graphics drivers
Right click My Computer and select Properties, from where you flip over to the Hardware tab.
Click the Device Manager button and then look for the graphics card entry there.
Remove the graphics card entry and then reboot the computer to normal mode. (it would be a good idea to have downloaded the relevant graphics card drivers beforehand and burnt them to a CD, so you can do everything in one swoop, unless you still have the original GFX card installation CD)
Cancel the OS claims that it's found new hardware and don't allow it to install new drivers for the card. That's where the downloaded drivers come in handy.
Install the new drivers and then follow the prompts.
Reboot and see if the computer boots normally.

Report back and tell me if everything works as it should.

good luck

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 12:29:51 AM »

Since you moved the computer I would open the case and make sure that the adapter cards are tightly fitted in their respective slots.  But it does sound like driver corruption

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Jump to: