MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Computer Related Discussions arrow General Discussions arrow Topic: Screen resolution, etc.
November 22, 2019, 01:25:02 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2019, 01:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Screen resolution, etc.  (Read 1078 times)
Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2007, 02:43:47 PM »

I'm never sure where to post certain queries, so will put it here.  Undecided

I'm using Windows ME  Angry   and here is my problem.  When my screen resolution is set to 800 X 600, it is surrounded by a black border and I can't get rid of it.  Huh? If I change the resolution to 1024 X 768, it improves, but in both cases I can't view the full page when I open Internet Explorer, without having to scroll across it.  Is there some way that I can set my screen so that I can view the complete page?  I tried changing the font size but that doesn't seem to do much.  By the way, what is a good font size to use and the recommended resolution?  I realize it's up to the individual, but I'd still like to get your ideas.

Meanwhile, my viewing area is not as large as it once was.  I've done something and I'd like to get it back the way it was.

Thanks.

gere

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 08:31:44 PM »

It's a problem with your monitor settings.

So you'll have to expand your view on the monitor itself. It should be possible from some of the buttons you have right in front of you Smiley

Gere

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 04:10:01 AM »

When I press on the Menu button on the Monitor, a small blue square appears, showing various items such as "brightness", "horizontal", etc., but when I try to access these options, I can't seem to get inside the blue square...at least not by moving my mouse.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

gere

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 06:31:13 AM »

The controllers for the monitor settings need to be accessed with the buttons on the monitor itself, you can't use the mouse for them, unfortunately.

It's all down to trial and error from there on, I'm afraid.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: