MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Wireless Devices Problems arrow Topic: Wireless Networking Problems
November 22, 2019, 02:49:53 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2019, 02:49:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wireless Networking Problems  (Read 3136 times)
Chaky

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2007, 01:57:21 PM »

Ok, I can't figure it out, please someone else help if you know what to do. I have a Linksys Wireless G Router and Wireless G USB network adapter. My host computer is using Windows XP and there is no problems. My downstairs computer, which I'm trying to connect to the internet, is running on Windows ME. My problem is, the client computer downstairs IS recieving a signal from the Router just fine, but I cannot get the internet! I've tryed setting it up in Internet Options under Tools, tried setting it up using XP's wireless networking program setup thingy for when your setting up a wireless network. Nothing works. And I'll state the problem again. Windows ME computer is recieving a signal from the Router, but I can't get the internet to work. Its not Windows XP firewall upstairs, because we've tried that. Also, a friend of mine brought his laptop over, and connected to my router in like 3 seconds, and was playing WoW and going on the internet. I've lost almost all for this computer. I believe the problem is dealing with my OS, so please someone help! PC Smash Police Roll Eyes
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:45:18 PM »

I have the feeling that this stems from Windows ME not being able to deal with a wireless signal correctly, though I might be wrong about that.

Are you using any security software on the WinME computer, such as Symantec, McAfee or anything of the sort?

Additionally, do you still have the WinME installation CD, so you can perhaps repair the networking capabilities of that computer.

bandaid

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 07:07:52 PM »

try re-installing the network drivers on to the Windows ME operated comp, like redaxe said..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: