MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: strange question for you guys...
November 22, 2019, 02:51:54 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2019, 02:51:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: strange question for you guys...  (Read 702 times)
Chaky

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2007, 01:59:18 PM »

lets say i want to power more than 4 (HDDs, CD/DVD drives) in my computer but my power supply only has 4 power slots/plugs for them....is there anyway for me to hook up another PSU to use for them or would i have to get a new bigger/better PSU? PC Smash Police Shocked
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 08:06:29 PM »

All you need is splitter cables to put on the end of each connector, in order to add more stuff.
But if you want to have more than 4 IDE connections, then you'll need an expansion card for that very job.

Each IDE cable can only support 2 drives, be it optical or HDDs, so you'll need to add a card for this job.

You'll also have to make sure that your current PSU can keep a steady Power output to match the needs of your drives, which is where a more powerful PSU would come in very handy.

In the end it's all down to what you need to add to your system and what you think the current hardware can handle.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: