MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Computer Related Discussions arrow Buying Advice arrow Topic: new video card.
October 17, 2019, 08:17:33 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2019, 08:17:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new video card.  (Read 3217 times)
Chaky

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2007, 08:38:57 AM »

My video card is dieing and I need a new one. I was looking at 2 different ones and wanted to get opinions on which I should get.
ati radeon x 1650 pro 512.
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...809-DT&cat=VCD
diamond radeon x1950 pro 512
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...375&CatId=2234
I want the best card but I am not sure which is better I am unfamillar with diamond but have been getting ati cards a lond time. Thank you.
Idea PC Smash
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 12:49:36 PM »

I'm unfamiliar with the ATI cards, but just looking at the model numbers tells me that the x1950 has to have more capabilities. Then again it's all down to what you trust yourself to spend.

Draeco

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 11:50:28 PM »

Hey Chaky,

It's really important to consider your current hardware before implenting a new video card to your rig.  If you have a mid-range setup, (e.g. 4000+ duo core proc., 2gig 533mhz DDR2 ram, pci-e 16x bus).

If you have rig that is similar to the example I posted above I would invest in the radeon x1950 pro 256 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161088).  The reason for this is, it will run games and apps just as well as the 512 version but it will run much smoother and cooler.

This card used to be a lot more, but you can get it at newegg for 150$, which is pretty damn good.

Right now I have a Nvidia 8600GTS 256 DDR3 and it's running just fine for my setup.

Hope this helps!

First post woot!  looking forward to troll these forums! Cheesy
Jacobi

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 04:33:07 AM »

what are the specs  of ur rig now?
BrideLide

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 04:31:09 PM »

if parts fit then get a frame, Id probably go for the new AM.  scout or patrol are pretty expensive TBH
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: