MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Now resolved - Lenovo/Vista. 4 Memory Card Readers not listed on Computer - help
September 20, 2019, 02:59:56 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2019, 02:59:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Now resolved - Lenovo/Vista. 4 Memory Card Readers not listed on Computer - help  (Read 2724 times)
Dooleygirl

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2008, 01:10:51 AM »

Hi folks.  I have a Lenoco 3000 J200 9690A12 Vista CPU.  Unfortunately, I left a camera card in one of the 4 memory card readers on start-up.  Around that time (not sure exactly when) all four of the readers are now not working. A green light comes on when a card is inserted but that is all. The only removable storage registering is the CD Drive. I have tried all that I know - there is nothing loose inside the CPU. I don't know enough technical terms to find if it is the driver that I need to reinstall or try system restore without losing all my data. Can someone help me PLEASE.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 05:48:26 PM by Dooleygirl » Logged
redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 09:11:16 AM »

Don't you have any means of recovering the card from the reader at the moment?

If you can pry it loose somehow, please be careful with it though, then see if you can find the motherboard drivers and utilities somewhere and install them again. That should ensure you get control of your card readers back.

Dooleygirl

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 10:19:40 PM »

Thanks for your reply.  Putting the cards in and out is no problem and the light shows green. That is as far as it goes. I have found out that it is a Silicon Media R/W and this is not registering on the Computer anywhere except during testing (does not give solution). I am not a technical person, so knowing what drivers I am looking for is difficult - would this be motherboard (system board?) or usb-storage?
redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 12:43:09 PM »

What you need are the drivers for the card reader. They should have come on a CD with the reader, or if you bought the computer pre-built, then it should have come with the machine.

If you don't have the CD, try to find the website of the makers and see if they have the drivers ready for download somewhere on their site. If you can't locate it, try calling their helpline, as they should have a tollfree number listed somewhere.

Good luck

Dooleygirl

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 07:56:11 PM »

Thanks again.  I'm still trying to find the appropriate driver and going round in circles. Hopefully there will be an end to it sometime. Even Office Depot where I bought the CPU wasn't any help.  It's only 3 months old too.
Dooleygirl

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 11:00:45 PM »

Well, I finally got it fixed.  Turns out it was a hardware problem, not a software driver problem.  When the reader was changed out it all started working again - and no-one knows what caused the problem in the first place.  Thanks for trying to help - it was appreciated.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: