MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Game Problems arrow Topic: Sims 2 Custom Content/Crashing issue
August 25, 2019, 01:01:55 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 25, 2019, 01:01:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sims 2 Custom Content/Crashing issue  (Read 1948 times)
shannon5815

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:09:01 AM »

I currently have the Sims 2 with the University, Nightlife and Seasons expansion packs installed.  I recently started downloading items and Sims from the exchange on thesims2.com.  I downloaded several lots a few weeks ago and have had no problems.  Then, today, I downloaded some objects and a few sims.  Things were fine at first, and then I downloaded about a dozen more sims.  Now the game crashes every time I try to run it.  I've tried with custom content disabled, and with it enabled.  It doesn't make any difference -- it crashes either way.

At first it was fine until I tried to create a new family -- it would let me enter the family name but then crash as soon as I hit the button to add a new sim.  Now, the game will enter the neighborhood, but crash as soon as I hit the button to simply display the Sims I already have. 

If disabling the custom content doesn't work, I'm clueless as to what to do about this problem.  Do I need to uninstall and then reinstall?  I'd rather avoid that if possible, because I've put a lot of time into the families that I already have.

Help would be much appreciated!
Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 12:07:43 PM »

Hello

Obviously something you d.l is causing this crash. I am not familiar with the game but can you "un-install" so to speak these updates/items or sims that you call them?  If not you may need to reinstall.

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 12:59:46 PM »

Do you remember The Sims 2 before custom content? Im a fan of Eaxis stuff and all the content I made was to match it or improve it. Just give it time, hehe.
charg

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 03:06:36 AM »

try reinstalling it and syncing data gain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: