MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: Internet works but can't connect to my own site/domain
September 22, 2019, 05:17:24 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2019, 05:17:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet works but can't connect to my own site/domain  (Read 4147 times)
mailyns

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2008, 09:53:45 AM »

Hey all.

Well, my problem is rather complicated it seems.

My internet connection works 110% fine but I cannot access my own website. Now, the domain is there and works because I've contacted about 10 or so people and everyone can access my site just fine. I've gone to two different friend's houses and, again, everything works fine and I can get on my site AND access my control panel. I've even talked with my host which is http://www.surpasshosting.com and they've also assured me that everything is up and running. They've even told me to check if I could connect to my site via the proxy site http://anonymouse.org and I was able to see my site!

So, everything is fine on the domain/host side.

I've contacted my ISP and everything works great on their side as well. They've even helped me checked if my computer was blocking the particular site and it wasn't. We even tried disabling my firewall to see if that was the problem and nothing. I still can't connect.

I'm trying to connect to the particular site on the following browsers and it won't work on any of them:

IE - 7.05
Opera - 9.26
Firefox - 2.0.0.12

I get errors that the browser can't connect or access the site but it won't say why.

I've tried accessing other sites hosted by surpass and I can access them all just fine.

My site info:
Domain: coloryoursoul.com
IP Address: 66.7.210.44
http://coloryoursoul.com

Funny thing is that I WAS connecting to my site just fine and then, literally from one day to the next I couldn't anymore. I basically went to bed and when I woke up the problem started.

I haven't changed anything or downloaded any programs, packs, etc.

This is ming boggling and it's driving me nuts. Please help!

I have Wind XP Home Edition and er, that's all I know.  PC Smash
redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 03:26:40 PM »

Are you by any chance hosting the website on your own computer network at home?

mailyns

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 10:25:09 PM »

Are you by any chance hosting the website on your own computer network at home?

Er...what does that mean? ^_^
redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 07:41:15 AM »

It's obvious that you're not hosting your own site, from the response you gave me Wink Nothing to worry about, I just had to find out before all else.

I'm not sure how to tackle this problem, because it works perfectly from my end as well. Do you have any sort of adblocking or restrictions extensions running as part of your browsers?

mailyns

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 09:52:13 PM »

hehe  Laugh

Nopes, no add-ons or other stuff. I know this seems to be a rather odd problem since I've posted asking about this in various forums in case anyone's been through this and so far nobody can figure out what's wrong.  PC Smash

Bu thanks for trying!  Laugh
redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 06:58:53 AM »

There is a file in your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc folder.

It's called hosts and has no extension whatsoever. Open that file with Notepad and read through all the entries. If your domain has found it's way there, let me know what the entire line says. Otherwise we'll have to look at something else, but I'll be darned if I can figure out what that might be, at this point Cheesy

mailyns

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 05:00:24 AM »

Sorry for the late reply, my internet was off. The problem has been solved!

Thank you all kindly for your help. My next door neighbor heard me complaining outside and offered to help and he fixed it!

Thank you thank you everyone for helping me. ^_^
redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 12:32:38 PM »

Happy to hear that you got it all sorted.

Congrats Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: