MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Computer Related Discussions arrow Buying Advice arrow Topic: Help on Buying best parts
November 15, 2019, 10:58:47 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 15, 2019, 10:58:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help on Buying best parts  (Read 2919 times)
Jacobi

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2008, 03:39:42 AM »

OK so look im building my new computer and just want some opinons on what would be best!!!!

so far this is what i have

ASUS Extream:
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=1439&l1=3&l2=117&l3=0

INTEL CORE 2 QUAD:
http://www.infonec.com/site/main.php?module=detail&id=331884  (this is were i bought it)

ok so now im looking at (Im Wanting to Buy)

ASUS EN8800GT/1G PCI-E2.0 GEFORCE 8800GT 1GB:  (im gona get two to run SLI)
http://ca.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=2&l2=6&l3=442&l4=0&model=2012&modelmenu=1 

OCZ PC2-6400 ReaperX HPC Enhanced Bandwidth 4GB Dual Channel:   (Also two of this item total 8gb ram)  sweet!!!!!
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_pc2_6400_reaperx_hpc_enhanced_bandwidth_4gb_dual_channel

Antec TPQ-1000 TruePower Quattro 1000:
http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=27100

Now with this power supplie i have heard it problems with runing some high end GPU cards.
Do i need that powerful power supplie, or can i go with something smaller...
redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 12:58:22 PM »

If you're planning to use two power hungry graphics cards, on top of everything else, then you're going to need a really beefy power supply. 1000W may do the trick, but I'd go for 1200W, if if fits your budget.

Just remember that WinXP can only handle up to 4GB of RAM, so you'll need either Vista or some variation of Linux to use 8GB.

Seems like you're going for a really juicy system. Hope it works perfect.

Jacobi

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 04:27:49 PM »

wow  1200w  really???  im not to worried about the cash

and about the OS   i was thinking

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64

do u have any Sites you would recomend  (i live in canada)
Jacobi

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 04:36:16 PM »

also can u sugest a power supplie

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 12:18:55 PM »

The more power that your PSU can put out, the more likely it is to keep a stable power flow through your system, so the bigger the better in that respect. My personal preference of a PSU would be Coolermaster, but there are many out there and all are subject to personal preference.

If you are certain that the games and applications you will be using can take advantage of the 64bit architecture, then go ahead and get Vista 64, but personally I'd go for the 32bit, mainly because of the higher compatibility levels. Very few software developers are looking at 64bit in any sincerity at the moment, so you won't be gaining anything by using that OS for now. Save it until the software you're planning on using comes up with real 64 bit support.

I don't really know which sites to recommend, as I live in Iceland and have no knowledge one way or the other. Hopefully you'll get the help you need from someone here, or at least you can use Google to search for online shops in Canada and maybe some in the US that don't charge you way too much for delivery.

happykwan

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 06:54:43 PM »

i have one microft windows vista ultimate 64 bit and 32 bit  on hand. are you interested in it?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: