MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Networking Problems arrow Topic: How to re-open internet access on Win2000's server?
June 18, 2019, 01:16:29 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2019, 01:16:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to re-open internet access on Win2000's server?  (Read 1343 times)
kimlik66

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2008, 03:15:53 AM »

Hi All Wink
I work in a warehouse, along with four other friends. We have several computers at our work place. They all run Windows 2000 server. We Angry use them for shipping & receiving, etc. Until recently, we also used them to surf internet, mostly youtube, in our spare time, which we often have plenty. However, last month we have got a new, hostile foreman--a real control freak-- who fired one of our friends, and then have blocked our access to the internet. We no longer can go on youtube or any other sites, except for the company's website. The foreman imposed these restrictions despite the fact occasionally surfing the internet never stood on our way doing our job. We would sincerely appreciate if someone out there can help us to get back on the internet again.

We all have separate accounts to log in. First, the foreman blocked one of us only. Then, several days later, he blocked us all. Therefore, whenever we try to access to the internet, except for the company's website, we are greeted with an "access denied..... contact your administrator's...." .

I tried to open and reconfigure the ports he had blocked, but i failed, as i don't have the Administrator's password......

Somebody said if i use linux live CD it may work. Huh? But i'm not sure this indeed will work. Because i don't think such a CD would be able to reopen the blocked ports automatically--especially if those ports are blocked from company's headquarters, which is far away from the local computers that we use in the warehouse.

Anyway, to make a long story short, i imagine there must be a way (a utility, an app, etc) to bypass the unjust restrictions imposed on us....

If you have an answer, would truly appreciate if you can tell me in details-- step by steps-- as to how
can i get back on the internet again?

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.
NetStrikr

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 01:37:21 AM »

As an administrator for a school and business I can tell you that there is no way to bypass this as it is set on the connection as a web filter. This is input to reduce bandwidth, keep people at work and keep unwanted virus / spyware off the computer.

I do believe he is doing the correct thing and you should just suck it up and keep doing your job.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who know Binary and those who have friends.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: