MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Computer won't turn on!
June 18, 2019, 01:20:30 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2019, 01:20:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Computer won't turn on!  (Read 1000 times)
hpratvfrk

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2008, 02:14:22 AM »

This is really ticking me off...here's the whole story:

Came back one day after school, I came on the computer after having run overnight for 3 days.  I know some ppl do that all the time.  But I felt the case, and it was burning.  After 2 minutes of surfing the web, the computer shuts off by itself.  I turn it back on, thinking that everything's normal.  Then I think to myself, "It's too hot, I'm going to turn it off."  And I did.  And it NEVER turned back on.  At first, all my friends and ppl online thought that it was a PSU failure.  So I went to NCIX, bought the ANTEC case with the 500W for $100. (I needed a new case too, because the previous case was small and heated up real fast). 

So I put my HD, DVD-Drive, Video Card, Processor, Motherboard in.  Plugged everything correctly, and turned the power on.  The fan that came with the ANTEC case and the DVD-drive were the only things moving.  I played around with it for half an hour or so, and the processor fan hasn't even moved.

What seems to be the problem here?  Is it the processor, the HD, the video card???  THE MOTHERBOARD?  Please, i'm desperate.  My dad is pissing off at me because of this, and it's making me pissed off at him.  Please help!  Sad

My specs:

Intel Dual Core E6750 @ 2.8Ghz
nVidia 7600GT KO
2x 1GB OCZ Platinum Gaming RAM
Pioneer DVD-drive
250GB Seagate 7200RPM HD.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! Sad
NetStrikr

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 01:16:06 AM »

Do you hear any beeping when you try turning it on?

If not, strip it all apart NO CPU nothing, plug it and press the power button. See if it will stay on, if so add one part and test  it. If it turns off with only the mobo, it could be a power failure with the mobo. I had this happen to me where the mobo was fried.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who know Binary and those who have friends.
hpratvfrk

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 03:17:40 PM »

Nopes, no beep at all.
NetStrikr

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 04:04:19 AM »

Did you try booting from nothing?

Just mobo and PSU

add ram

add video card

add hdd

and so on

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who know Binary and those who have friends.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: