MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: very slow start up vista
November 17, 2019, 02:57:31 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2019, 02:57:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: very slow start up vista  (Read 1068 times)
balzachugo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2008, 12:48:26 AM »

Hi,

This is quite puzzling. I have  arelatively new HP laptop 120GB harddrive, 1GB Ram. recently, the start up is extremely slow some times up to 15-20 minutes. if I turn it off and on several times it works well. The problem is that this issue is not consistent sometimes it works well. As i am teaching and use my laptop for teaching it is not fun at all!!!
I tried the start up on msconfig and removed what was not needed, no real difference, I also unchecked server as suggested by many people online, no real difference. i know there seems to be a real issue with vista, any suggestions!!!
I have also tried ccleaner, RegCure, no rea change, I appreciate if you can help.

regards

balzachugo

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 05:24:45 PM »

Please do not use regcure, this will not resolve any issues but only make them worse.

Is the system under warranty?

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 11:33:43 PM »

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.
Yes the laptop was inder warranty and after spending sometime with the HP chatline help I had to send it back for repair and they changed the board and and a few other pieces.

Many thanks again for your care and all the best
Balzachugo

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 10:10:27 AM »

Glad it got worked out

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Jump to: