MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Game Problems arrow Topic: Sims 2: Trying to open game in .UIF format, but not working??
November 23, 2017, 03:26:56 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 03:26:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites: de.harddriveparts.com |
News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sims 2: Trying to open game in .UIF format, but not working??  (Read 4099 times)
w3ndyz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2008, 02:36:11 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'd like to play my Sims game without having to insert the CD all the time so I've tried making virtual copies of it on my computer. I've mounted (using Magic Iso) the Sims 2 CDs to my computer, but I can't seem to open the game still....when I click on the "The Sims 2" icon on my desktop, a window comes up and says "this program has known compatibility issues" (I have Windows Vista), but I click "run program" anyway and the Sims 2 picture comes up...but then a box overrides it and says "cannot locate the CD-ROM. Please insert the correct CD-ROM (I believe it's looking for CD1), select OK and restart application".

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?? I've never worked with Magic Iso before so I might be missing something there...?  Huh?

**Note: I just have Sims 2, no expansion packs or anything like that

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!  Smiley
Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 01:48:52 PM »

I dont think that Sims allows you to play w/o a cd in the rom.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080718000935AAbamsq

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:37:23 PM »

Hmmm... does it work with the CD? Because I have Vista and I can't play Battlefield 2142 in any other compatibility mode but Vista, or else it doesn't recognize the DVD.  My suggestion would be to use Daemon tools or Alcohol 120% to make a new .iso or whatever file and mount it using either Daemon or Alcohol 120%.  Ya, I don't really like MagicISO, but I have it too.
Allenue09

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 02:36:46 PM »

I just got a new PC with Vista 64bit and I have GoM installed and when I click can I play it it shows the meter the round part but it just sits there and does nothing. What should I do?
Alfredsa

#allow_admin_mail|allow_member_mail|hide_email|receiveemail|options[adminemail]|options[showemail]|viewemail|notifyreply|agree_to_terms|hiddenmail|emailsend|send_email|gender|show_email|hideemail|confirm_guest_post|ruhuman|s*x|field5|terms|field10|field9|

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 12:28:38 PM »

I am positive you got it covered by now, but just in case your soul wanders in search of an answer to this still, I must tell you: its a trap. You buy the game.

Пурпурный чай ->

*Link Removed*
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: