MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: How do I know which AGP slot type I have?
August 23, 2019, 09:44:12 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2019, 09:44:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do I know which AGP slot type I have?  (Read 2306 times)
bleij50

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2008, 01:42:31 PM »

I am trying to figure out what kind of video card I can put in my computer. I'ts old. I have a:

Home build from these components:

Compaq Presario 061 SR1010

Microstar Gamila/Giiovani Neon Series Main Circuit Board

Bus Clock 100MGz

BIOS Award Software 3.25

Celeron Processor 2.7 GHz

8Kb primary memory cahce

128 KB secondary memory

250 wat power supply

Windows XP service pack 3

Chipset DDR SDRAM PC 2100 (133 MHz)

2 GB Memory sticks

80 MG hard drive

OK. So I am a definite newbie and didn't know what I was buying. I just knew the price was right and I trust the guy. Only problem for me is that I have no video card and I want to watch movies and work faster with my digital photos, editing. I have done a lot of research, trying to figure out what all the letters mean after the basic name of a video card and have figured out that what will work is probably going to be an ATI Radion 9200 or 9250. I have read that I need to be sure that I at least have and AGP slot type of 2 or 3, but cannot figure out how to get that info.

Help please on figuring that one out? And  am I in the ballpark even with what video card I think will work? And what about all those letters after the basic name of the card? How do they affect what I'm getting in a way that will work for me?

After reading all this I thank you for your patience and seriously thank you for your input.

bleij50

PS. I am not a gamer.
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 03:58:52 PM »

Hi,

You would have to get the exact model # of your Microstar Gamila/Giiovani Neon Series Main Circuit Board by physically looking at the board for it so we can look it up.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
bleij50

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 05:57:06 PM »

Hi and thanks for the quick reply. The number on the board is 030.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: