MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: My 56k fax modem isnt recognized
June 26, 2019, 03:16:32 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2019, 03:16:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My 56k fax modem isnt recognized  (Read 725 times)
dnst3qface

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2008, 04:37:32 PM »

So i know its old but i do use it to fax mostly. so thats why i bother to ask for helpppppp. anyway im not sure how this started. but i think it started with windows xp thought it was a unknown pci device. windows kept buggin me about new hardware found that was an unknown pci device. assuming xp was wrong i ignored it and didnt pay mind to the hardware list. after a few of these i decided it was false and canceled the installation that time. which i think is why it wont find it now. so then i noticed the modem wasnt seen by the pc. so i continued to try and work on this my self. xp could not find it with add new hardware or add a modem. so i proceeded to dl the drivers from the pre-made pc's website. hp btw. i tried to install it. this didnt work either. the driver installer just says "failure". i tried rebooting to see if windows would see it. that didnt work. then i tried to see if the pci modem was not fully embedded in the pci slot. it was quite secure.i also tried removing the pci card, rebooting, loaded windows, shut down, putting the modem back. then booting up again. that didnt work so can you guys help me?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: