MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: Connectivity problem
June 24, 2019, 02:32:49 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2019, 02:32:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Connectivity problem  (Read 1028 times)
sunshine

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2003, 07:14:00 AM »

I have dialed into the Remote aceess service (RAS) server.  However, I am unable to connect to the Internet with a Windows laptop.  But I  am able to log in to the server running IPX/SPX.  The address is 0.0.0.0
What is my problem? Could someone help me?
Is it DNS or DHCP server?Or is there anything to do with NetBIOS?Huh?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2003, 04:27:23 PM »

Hi,

Just to clear things up...

Using the same laptop, you can connect through RAS and access the network but cannot connect to an ISP?
Are you connecting to the ISP through Dial-up or Broadband (DSL, cable...)?
What Windows version are you running on the laptop?

Since you're connecting through RAS using IPX/SPX, you're not using TCP/IP and the IP address is irrelevant.

When connecting to an ISP their DHCP server is responsible to assign you an IP. Do you have TCP/IP binded to your Dial-up connection or Network Interface Card (depending on your connection - question 2)?
Do you even have TCP/IP installed?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
sunshine

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 07:23:23 AM »

Do you mean my problem is due to the fact that NetBIOS over TCP/IP has been disconnected ?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 02:38:56 PM »

Hi,

I can't really answer that until you give me more details on how the system is setup. Please answer all my questions above.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: