MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: DVD-RW not recognized
June 01, 2020, 12:39:57 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2020, 12:39:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DVD-RW not recognized  (Read 1254 times)
themadczech

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2009, 11:27:31 PM »

Hello, I hope someone can help me out with this problem.
My Pioneer DVD-ROM player recently went bad (03/16/09), when I would attempt to close drive door it would re-open constantly. And I replaced it with a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-116D on (03/20/09). The initial installation went smoothly but I my PC is recognizing the new drive as a CD-Rom. I have posted my problem at other forums where people have told me that once installed WinXP_SP2 would recognize it and take it from there. It has not as of yet.
I ran the "Add New Hardware Wizard" and when it was completed with it's job a screen came up stating the device is working properly. When I clicked on My Computer it still showed up as a CD-ROM drive.
In the "AWARD Bios Setup Utility" I have the new Pioneer DVR-116D set as the Secondary Master which was the position of the original Pioneer DVD-Rom drive. The original SONY CD-RW is set as the Secondary Slave.
In System/Hardware/Device Manager the Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-116D appeared directly above the SONY CD-RW in the DVD/CD-Rom section. When I clicked on the Properties tab it stated that the "Device is working properly" but when I clicked the Drivers tab it stated the drivers date and version are "Not Available". I contacted Pioneer via phone and web site and they have no drivers to download. The drive came with the latest "Firmware" already installed.
The jumpers on the back of drive are positioned correctly from what the brief installation paperwork indicates and the drive did work temporarily.
I have Gone into System/Hardware/Device Mgr. and uninsulated the DVD-RW and CD-RW drives and rebooted to see if it would recognize them and reinstalled. The CD-RW reinstalled but the DVD-RW did not. I have also done the following after some advice from another forum. Went to Start/Run/ "msconfig" (without quotes), Clicked the Services tab & disabled "removed check mark" near Plug n Play, Rebooted.
Went to Start/Run/ "msconfig" (without quotes), Clicked Services tab re-check/enabled Plug n Play and rebooted again. No Luck?
I even tried the software angle and uninstalled/reinstalled Windows Media Player 11 and InterActual Player 2.7 which gives me the following error message: " Error PL4007: InterActual Player is unable to initialize my DVD decoder for playback. Clicked
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: