MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Cam shuts down
December 16, 2019, 11:26:53 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2019, 11:26:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cam shuts down  (Read 1159 times)
savana

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2003, 09:31:10 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I am using Windows 98 SE......My cam will start but will not stay on. It freezes after about one minute.  It is not the cam, but my PC.  Any idea why it will start my cam, but after about one minute, shuts it down.  This occurrs on every program, Netmeeting, Yahoo, ISPQ or even when trying to just take snapshots...which is from the Cam's software package.  I am using a different computer than I was, and it worked fine before, So I am assuming it is a problem with computer.  Any Ideas...Huh???

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 04:11:49 PM »

Hi,

Do you have a software that is running in the background that automatically detects movement and record for X amount of time (in your case, 1 minute)?

Many CAM software include such an application, can't remember what it is called.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
savana

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 12:03:05 AM »

Not that I know of.  This is the second cam I have tried to use on this computer and have had the same problems with both.  I could use the both cams on my old computer, which is not working any longer.  So I know it is not a problem with the cam.  I have uninstalled the cam software and downloaded the lastest driver from the website of the manufacturer and still have the same problem.

Thanks, Savana

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 12:21:16 PM »

Hi,

What is the make and model of your CAM???

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
savana

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 04:16:26 PM »

Veo, Stingray

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 05:34:00 PM »

Hi,

Could be the different video card (than the old system) is causing problems.

Try:

1. During the "Initializing...Please wait" screen when the Veo Stingray Suite is starting, press the CTRL + O keys simultaneously.
2. You will see two options, Disable Overlay and Disable Audio.
3. Select "Disable Overlay".

or try upgrading your video drivers to the latest.

Sylvain Amyot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: