MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Networking Problems arrow Topic: D-Link router Help please
August 25, 2019, 04:50:13 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 25, 2019, 04:50:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: D-Link router Help please  (Read 1342 times)
stardj

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2009, 06:57:29 PM »

Yesterday I went into my D-Link router settings and noticed some of them did not display. I tried doing a reset to my Router and that's when all the trouble started. After rebooting the computer I noticed that it would not connect to the internet. So I tried unplugging the router and plug it back in but that did not work. I then unplugged the cable modem and back in but that did not work either. I thought well I have another wireless router that I should hook up since the wired one has been used for a long time but that would not connect me either. I went to my network settings and noticed that one of the items was no longer there. I cannot remember what it said. So I tried running the network wizard again and that did not help. I tried the find new hardware wizard and that did not help. I have gone into "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and tried both Obtain IP Address Automatically and "Use the following IP address" which I had put 192.168.0.1 and 255.255.255.0 as Subnet Mask and rebooted the system both times. I checked device manager and there is no conflicts. I plugged my LAN line direct to the modem and it works fine which is how I am able to type in this forum. I then tried to do a system restore but did not revert any network settings back. Today I was going to do a Windows repair but when it load the files and devices, my usb keyboard is not found or working.
I am at a loss of what to try next. I even tried using a different cable for the WAN connection. So here are the things I have. Windows XP PRO SP2. Dell Intel Core Duo 2 2.99 GHz with 2.95 GB RAM - under that it says Physical address Extension. My Router is a D-Link DL-604 and the other one i tried is a DL-514.
Any help would be extremely appreciated.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: