MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: 16,000 temporary internet files & kernel 32 error
July 18, 2019, 12:00:24 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2019, 12:00:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 16,000 temporary internet files & kernel 32 error  (Read 1447 times)
jayeliot

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2003, 03:29:25 AM »

Hi,

Windows 98, Compaq Presario 5150, IE 5.50, 7 gig hard drive, 128 ram

Having problems in the last week. System was working slow, screen freezing, usually when using IE. Had to use ctrl/alt/del quite a few times and then end variuos tasks. Several times I had to restart to PC.

I used windows explorer and discovered that I was using almost 90 % of the hard drive memory ( over 6 gigs used) which struck me a quite unusual.

I discovered that within my temporary internet files, I had over 10,000 files, in fact I think it came to nearly 16,000. The dates of these files were from 2/15/2003 to present. After cleaning the files out, using Super Cleaner, I see that after a 2 hour session, i now have 860 new files. Is that unusual to accumulate this much in such a short time ?

After doing the initial clean out, I performed a scan disk - no problems ; a defrag which hadn't been done in 4 months ; and I scanned for any viruses - none found.

My other problems today was a KERNEL 32 ILLEGAL OPERATION message. Screen was locked up. Did a ctrl/ alt /del and got a FATAL ERROR 0028: C0030AC.

After doing a hard shut down and restarting, I had troubles
booting up. It took 3 times to boot.

Any suggestions ? What is a KERNEL 32 error message ?

Thanks

jayeliot

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 03:35:14 AM »

Just to add to the above :  this situation is worsening quickly.  When I right click on MY COMPUTER,  the performance has been dropping like a rock over the past day.  I am now down to 11 % system resources free.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 04:37:31 PM »

Hi,

Check what is running during startup to see if something is loaded that would cause all the temp files to be created. Run MSCONFIG, check out Startup tab.

What kind of files are created in your TEMP folder?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 02:37:40 PM »

Do a search for all temp files eg '*.tmp' and then delete them. Simple.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: