MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Toshiba Satellite A200 - Black Screen
October 15, 2019, 12:20:56 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 15, 2019, 12:20:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toshiba Satellite A200 - Black Screen  (Read 2834 times)
BickBarrer

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2009, 02:12:53 AM »

Hi there, I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 and just today I've encountered a frustrating problem. Let's just get a few things out first.

I had intended to turn it off last night, but it didn't shut down. There was some message about a program still opened or something like that (not a big deal I thought as I had gotten it a few times before). I just clicked whatever it was that ended it or turned it off anyways. So today I come back to turn it on and it was on that message. I turn it off and come back later to turn it on. I noticed there was a black screen and I could not do anything. I hold the power button to turn it off and restart it. It loads the Toshiba/Phoenix screen fine. Then I get to the Windows Recovery screen. It gives me two options.

- Use the Windows Recovery thing to try to find and repair any errors
- Start Windows normally

I tried the first option a few times but it said there was an unspecified problem due possibly to some hardware configurations (did not do anything before). I restarted and pressed F2 and looked for anything that might have caused it and I exited without saving any changes (Toshiba/Phoenix thing) and then it led me to the screen with the Safe Mode and other options. I chose Safe Mode just to see and it led me to the log-in screen, but after that it would not let me see those same options again. Anyways, I would start normally and at the loading screen, the bar would load but there is no Vista logo. After that, there's the black screen. I would restart, and get the screen with the 2 options again.

What I think may have been the problem is that I had turned on Returnil's session lock. Maybe that shutdown warning had to do with something? I had left Returnil on the previous day and shut off without any problems, and the next day I did not download anything, so it couldn't have been from something I downloaded.
Billard

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 10:28:06 AM »

You should be check out your hardware. it contains some problem.

kristain

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 05:41:03 AM »

Boot your system in safe mode.
Right click on the desktop and select Properties > Settings tab.
Now click and drag the Screen Resolution slider to the far left
Also change the Color Quality dropdown to 256 colors, or whatever is lowest
Now, click on the Advanced button > Monitor tab of the resulting dialog box.
OK your way back out, and reboot your machine. If these setting were the source of the problem, it should now be able to boot normally. Hopefully, you will get solution of this problem.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: