MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Game Problems arrow Topic: Directx 10 issues with Games
October 15, 2019, 12:55:48 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 15, 2019, 12:55:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Directx 10 issues with Games  (Read 1515 times)
Cybrex

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2009, 06:16:48 AM »

Hey Everyone,

I just downloaded the Avatar demo to give it a shot, and it started up nicely, ran smoothly, all the effects were on ultra, etc etc.  I'm currently using Vista 64 Ultimate, so naturally I have Directx 10, so I decided to turn on the option so I could get a really good look at the game and all its beauty.  Well, after doing so, I had to restart the game and once I did that, everything just chugged.  It probably took 5 mins to get to the option screen just so I could switch it back to directx 9.  I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this, or if anyone knows the cause and how to fix it.  Also, this is not the first game I have had this issue with.

My Specs are.....

Windows Vista Ultimate
Duo Core 3ghz
4gigs DDR
Nvidia 9600 GT
sararaja124

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 03:35:50 PM »

DirectX 10 is not going very good for the games.
It asks for restart alot of times & also it has a lot of sound issues regarding the new Games.

A.Alan

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 11:24:52 AM »

dx 9 was the most reliable version of dx . they should work on improving it for new games rather than launching new one .

*Link Removed*
amritaadani

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 10:41:31 AM »

Hey Everyone,

I just downloaded the Avatar demo to give it a shot, and it started up nicely, ran smoothly, all the effects were on ultra, etc etc.  I'm currently using Vista 64 Ultimate, so naturally I have Directx 10, so I decided to turn on the option so I could get a really good look at the game and all its beauty.  Well, after doing so, I had to restart the game and once I did that, everything just chugged.  It probably took 5 mins to get to the option screen just so I could switch it back to directx 9.  I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this, or if anyone knows the cause and how to fix it.  Also, this is not the first game I have had this issue with.

My Specs are.....

Windows Vista Ultimate
Duo Core 3ghz
4gigs DDR
Nvidia 9600 GT

You should update the driver of your VGA Card I hope so it will fix the issue.

*Link Removed*
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: