MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Computer Related Discussions arrow Tips & Tricks arrow Topic: Windows Vista HANGS and the Problem of Corrupt Event Logs
October 20, 2019, 12:40:54 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2019, 12:40:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Windows Vista HANGS and the Problem of Corrupt Event Logs  (Read 6012 times)
Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2010, 03:26:12 PM »

Windows Vista and the Problem of Corrupt Event Logs

When I would boot up the machine and login, I was met with no desktop. Merely a white mouse cursor with no desktop icons. The laptop was not thrashing about, and my data was intact.

My first instinct was to boot into Safe Mode. Booting into Safe Mode is normally a good way to get around this, but as I booted into Safe Mode and logged in his user account, the same black desktop greeted me. I attempted booting into Safe Mode with Command Prompt, but I was met with the same result. I booted again and tried the old Windows NT trick of booting with the Last Known Good Configuration. Again, I was greeted with the black desktop and white mouse cursor. In all of these instances, I was unable to start Task Manager as well. For all intents and purposes, once I logged into the laptop, it was unresponsive.

A bit of Googling turned up some results, and it looks like this problem is a common issue. Most of the threads I read seemed to point to either Windows Vista

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: