MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: My DVD RW is not detected by Roxio or my computer?
November 18, 2019, 08:05:54 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2019, 08:05:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My DVD RW is not detected by Roxio or my computer?  (Read 682 times)
Orgchartpro123

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:02:57 PM »

Hello,
I can't record anything because my computer does not recognize my DVD RW. In Device Manager there is no tab fvor CD/DVD drivers. The DVD RW hardware listed under unknown tab in device manager with question mark., Also the AC Adapter is listed the same way under Unknown in Device Manager. In my computer it just states CD drive E: but doesn't show that it is DVD RW. I believe it is either software problem or I might have accidentaly changed some setting and that's why the computer does not recoqnize it. When I place CD in it, it just opens a folder with the files in it and does not really play or record.

I called Dell and they tried remotedly instal the appropriate driver, still no luck. THey told me to unplug the DVD RW and plug it back and still no luck. They sent a technician who replaced DVD RW still no luck. The technician also changed the motherboard with refurbished one, and changed the battery still nu luck. I have the same error messages in Device manager for both. He said that they both show up in BIOS (??) but not in Windows. He told me if I am lucky I might get a good customer service representative at Dell and they can fix it. Otherwise they will end up reformatting my system and I don't want that. Now I am trying to find a solution on internet. I did a search and it seems there are many people with the same exact problem. Could you suggest me doing something to fix it? If I did System Restore would that help? I remember it once working. I have Vista home operating system. Like I said I already tried downloading the driver from Dell, had the Dell guy try doing it again, changed the physical driver, motherboard, battery with no luck. Could DVD RW and battery problems be related? They both were changed but they both still are not recognized.

THANKS really I really appreciate if you can help me fix it before Dell offers to reformat my hard drive.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:04:30 PM by Orgchartpro123 » Logged

*Link Removed*
 *Link Removed*
 *Link Removed*
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: