MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Portable Devices arrow Topic: Computer shuts off randomly
October 15, 2019, 11:26:42 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 15, 2019, 11:26:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Computer shuts off randomly  (Read 930 times)
JPop09

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2010, 04:01:53 PM »

So, the other day my computer had been working fine. Me and my friend decided to go play Modern Warfare 2, so I put my computer into hibernate mode. When I came back to it 20 mins later, I opened my laptop and it loaded, and then just shut off. I tried to turn it back on, got to the login screen and it shut off again. So, I then tried running in safe mode, running all virus scans and seeing what would happen. Well, I got logged in after all the scans and it worked for about 15 mins, and then shut off, again! Next, I said screw it, I reformatted my hard drive, well that worked for about 2 hrs and then it shut off again. 2 days ago I turned my computer on and left it on, and it stayed on until about 7 am this morning, before shutting off. I have cleaned my fan so I know my computer is not overheating, and I have scanned for a w32.blaster worm, but turned up nothing, so is there anything else I could try in order to get my computer to finally STOP turning off on me??
BrideLide

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 12:12:19 PM »

Is the speaker itself turned on or off? If its on, you probably have a loose or bad cable or plug some place or maybe its even the speaker itself. Try turning it off.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: